Hours

Fedup21

I started working with Fed Ex as a courier back in November. I've been to courier school and defensive driving. I drive when need but been in the cans as of lately. My paychecks are like 98 dollars a week because I'm getting less than 17.5 is there anything I can do about this situation?

MAKAVELI

I started working with Fed Ex as a courier back in November. I've been to courier school and defensive driving. I drive when need but been in the cans as of lately. My paychecks are like 98 dollars a week because I'm getting less than 17.5 is there anything I can do about this situation?
If you are part time you are guaranteed 17 and a half if you are full time you are guaranteed 35 you need to talk to your manager.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What stopsperhour said is true, BUT management will trick you out of your minimum. For instance, things may be light and they ask you if you want to go home. If you say yes, you waive your minimum. Anytime they ask, tell them no. Tell them you will sweep floors, but you want your minimum. Or if you call out sick or use a personal day that week, you lose your minimum. Any other time, you are guaranteed your minimum. Fight for it.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If you turn down any sort of work like, washing trucks, you waive your min. also.

My advice, get another job.

I worked there for almost 8 years. Since you have been there only a short amount of time I would highly recommend trying to get on with UPS. I wish I had done it 8 years ago. I planed on retiring at fedex but lost my job. If you plan on staying with the company I strongly encourage you to read the policy and procedure book. Not the thin book they give you when you get hired. Make sure you get the thick one to read up on when you have late freight days. For some reason we had to go through our manager to get access to it. Our station wasn't ran like it should be ran. We would find out the truth about overtime from older couriers. If you come in on your off day make sure you mark "day off" on your time card and select it in your powerpad. I can't tell you how many times i witnessed our boss telling new couriers that their overtime day is their sixth day of work. So if they failed to mark it on their time card then they usually shorted themselves on their overtime. Thats why I recommend you read the People manual. Always come in at your scheduled time. If they have late freight come in anyway but don't be a minute late or you can't clock in for the original start time. Make sure your get paid for your minimum ours too. If your coming in when scheduled and not leaving early without being forced to then they owe you that money. I pray your station isn't like the one I worked at. Make sure your keep a log book with dates and times and any witness of everything that happens. Anytime your manager does something you feel or know is against policy you should write it down. You may never need it but you have to cover your own butt. Don't think for one minute that they will go out of their way to save your job. When I left after almost 8 years I was only making 68 cents more an hour than a new hire. Thats why I highly recommend you try to get hired at UPS. Your raises at fedex will be just enough to keep you from reaching top out pay. I think top out pay is a little over $21 an hour. UPS starts their drivers at more than that.

I worked there for almost 8 years. Since you have been there only a short amount of time I would highly recommend trying to get on with UPS. I wish I had done it 8 years ago. I planed on retiring at fedex but lost my job. If you plan on staying with the company I strongly encourage you to read the policy and procedure book. Not the thin book they give you when you get hired. Make sure you get the thick one to read up on when you have late freight days. For some reason we had to go through our manager to get access to it. Our station wasn't ran like it should be ran. We would find out the truth about overtime from older couriers. If you come in on your off day make sure you mark "day off" on your time card and select it in your powerpad. I can't tell you how many times i witnessed our boss telling new couriers that their overtime day is their sixth day of work. So if they failed to mark it on their time card then they usually shorted themselves on their overtime. Thats why I recommend you read the People manual. Always come in at your scheduled time. If they have late freight come in anyway but don't be a minute late or you can't clock in for the original start time. Make sure your get paid for your minimum ours too. If your coming in when scheduled and not leaving early without being forced to then they owe you that money. I pray your station isn't like the one I worked at. Make sure your keep a log book with dates and times and any witness of everything that happens. Anytime your manager does something you feel or know is against policy you should write it down. You may never need it but you have to cover your own butt. Don't think for one minute that they will go out of their way to save your job. When I left after almost 8 years I was only making 68 cents more an hour than a new hire. Thats why I highly recommend you try to get hired at UPS. Your raises at fedex will be just enough to keep you from reaching top out pay. I think top out pay is a little over $21 an hour. UPS starts their drivers at more than that.
$17 and change to start. 4 years till you reach top rate.

Purplepackage

The experience that you have depends entirely on your station and your manager.

My manager fought for a couriers job after he falsified and was basically fired, that was 5 years ago and that guy still works for us. In my station we have 2 people who have been hired in the past 5 years all other employees have been there 15-25 years.

I started as part time 5 years ago and within and 2 months I was getting 30 hours a week consistently, the only time I ever got 17.5 was my first couple months . Now I'm full time but many people here will tell you that this company is :censored2:ty and to get out now.

I am 25 with a college degree in business administration and I have yet to find a job in my field, so to me fedex gives me benefits and I make 45k a year which is enough to live on until I can find a job a I went to school to be able to get

AMJ_SLAYER

@Purplepackage that's the truth. A lot of people complain about :censored2: hours and no future, but if you try hard enough and put yourself out there, you'll get plenty of hours. As a college student, I've been able to pay off every dime of my tuition on time without accumulating any debt afterwards. Not many people can say that.

overflowed

@Purplepackage that's the truth. A lot of people complain about :censored2: hours and no future, but if you try hard enough and put yourself out there, you'll get plenty of hours. As a college student, I've been able to pay off every dime of my tuition on time without accumulating any debt afterwards. Not many people can say that.
You can get hours if you want, but the future thing at fedex is spot on. Hour whoring is nothing new.

Purplepackage

It also depends on the area. Where I live the turnover is constant so hours are always available, but you have to look for them.

My station has no turn over at all, unless of course we hire someone back that we fired 3 years before for abusing disability..and then he comes back and works for a month and goes on disability again...but that's besides the point.

My station is smaller has about 25 routes and frankly we could split a couple of those routes and run at least 5 more full time routes with how heavy some of those areas are. There's at least 2 part time guys working full time helping the same loops everyday they are basically running a route within a route