How big is your 401k?

Ms.PacMan

It means,you dont get a Cost Of Living Adjusment.

What was your cable bill, 20 years ago, How much is it now?

very simple....if you have a simple mind. too complex,for you?
This is what I meant!

It's all good Brownmonster, I meant it in a friendly reminder kind of way. Plus women don't always realize how hard you guys work and I thought Hoax made a good point.

I ran across an old list of bills crammed in the back of a kitchen drawer recently and I thought it was shocking. My bills have tripled or more in 20 years.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My wife has worked full time for the last 30 years along with raising 3 kids and putting up with my schedule. She understands. She would like to move on from her company and look at other more flexible options. I'm willing to make some adjustments financially to accommodate her. She has a nice chunk in her "K" to help down the road.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Found one of my old checkbooks. (Remember the days when you wrote checks for everything?)
$50 or so a week,for food. Cable bill $21,water bill $60 (quarterly) Electric $45.
That was from the year 1999.
I still write checks every month and I use postage stamps........with all the hacking, I never wanted to do online banking. I have an ATM card in a drawer somewhere and never use it.

I still write checks every month and I use postage stamps........with all the hacking, I never wanted to do online banking. I have an ATM card in a drawer somewhere and never use it.
I pay most of my bills through my online banking account. I use two checking accounts. I only transfer my money Into "that" account,when paying bills.

I also do not have overdraft ,protection on that account. So in the worst case,it got hacked,only a couple of dollars could get stolen.

moreluck

golden ticket member
For the 100th time, credit card is used when I fill up at the gas station. Credit Card (singular).

We used to get miles.....but now I don't get on a plane.

beatupbrown

IMO students who excelled in high school should not go to community college as they would be wasting their time and money.
I see good points on this topic. My point was not about taking a full time at community college just a select few courses in the summer that tend to be flunk out course then transfer back to state.

If you have the money and have average or average students with a strong work ethic State University a good choice .I was under the impression taking courses at a state university vs. say community college would be viewed in a good light to a potential employer but not sure if you if they can see just few courses at community college but graduate at state university.

My son said something to me about his current academic pursuits if you are of average intelligence and have a great work attic i.e. lots of studying you will make it, this was in regard to an Engineering degree.

. Now I think you may need to be a bit on the smart side but I get his point.

Where I live there is a booming tech company that needs folks to write code so bad they pretty much do not care what pedigree of your degree .They hire you put you in fire if you can perform then you have a job if not you wash out, they just need you to write code and bust your ass.

oldngray

nowhere special
Community college is a great option but students going to one need to be self motivated because they won't get their hands held there. It is up to the student to learn and if they mess around it will be a waste of time for them.