How can thousands of children cross the border.....

DontThrowPackages

But A.l Qae.da can't?
Either we have terrorist living among us or this country is allowing these kids to come over to service big business. Now ask why? Why haven't we heard business cry out against the influx of invaders? I think we can expect more kids to come over and, once things quiet down, become residents. These kids will be the cheap labor business want. Remember, politicians cry about high unemployment but nothing makes business happier. DRA...

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Businesses don't complain because nobody wants to work. Saw a news story last year about a man who owned his own business and he tried to hire only US citizens. Nobody wanted to work, so he basically HAD to hire illegal immigrants, and he was up in running in no time. If Mexicans are willing to do the work then more power to them. I fully believe AQaeda is among us, I just think our government is on onto them though. We just never heard about it.

Businesses don't complain because nobody wants to work. Saw a news story last year about a man who owned his own business and he tried to hire only US citizens. Nobody wanted to work, so he basically HAD to hire illegal immigrants, and he was up in running in no time. If Mexicans are willing to do the work then more power to them. I fully believe AQaeda is among us, I just think our government is on onto them though. We just never heard about it.
Make the welfare people, do those jobs.

Or you get cut off, end of story!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In the county that I live, the head of the County Board has already come out and stated that no county resources will be used to feed and house them. We already have a huge problem in this area with illegals from Central America and their gangs and crime. Personally, I think the kids should be loaded in planes and flown back to the capitals of their countries and let THEIR governments solve the problem.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Amazing. I waited to see how long it would take to bring "welfare recipients", into this forum (some just can't resist). Those that look down on the poor, I wonder if you see the same "shame" in the tax-shelter rich folk. Seeming how most of the welfare recipients are "senior citizens", followed by "single mothers with children" ... yeh cut them ALL off. That is in the Bible ... somewhere, right?

Ahhhh ... I remember the time, when so many other "illegal aliens" invaded North America. But alas, it's a shame there was no border patrol in those days. Wouldn't it have been grand, if everyone would have just stayed on their OWN continent? By the way, this continent was someone else's first ... correct? Where are YOUR ancestors from ... and don't give me that, I'M AMERICAN ... your great great-grandparents crossed the ocean, like 95% of this population.

Those pesky Jews, Germans, Cubans, Chinese, Japanese, Native Americans, Negros (terminology back in the day) and so many others, were not welcome either. Sure I left out some folk, but I've been up since 3 AM .. not on all cylinders right now.

While living in New York, certain Italians, weren't welcome in certain parts of New York ... I tell ya, this country is something else.

I'm still trying to understand the problem. Millions were brought over, to work the land for free. You know as well as most of the Republicans ... they will be changing sheets, plucking a chicken, picking fruit or taking care of one of Fred's grandchildren. At least they will get paid and not cracked with a whip, for dropping an egg.

CJinx

I don't think anyone wants to see people go hungry or homeless; it's just that the success stories of welfare recipients simply get overshadowed by the abuse of the system. People tend to get upset when they hear about their tax money being misused. Also it becomes a political talking point:

"We purged 100,000 leeches from the welfare teet," gets more votes than "We made sure 100,000 children didn't go hungry,".

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think anyone wants to see people go hungry or homeless; it's just that the success stories of welfare recipients simply get overshadowed by the abuse of the system. People tend to get upset when they hear about their tax money being misused. Also it becomes a political talking point:

"We purged 100,000 leeches from the welfare teet," gets more votes than "We made sure 100,000 children didn't go hungry,".
But why view it as a problem when if properly tended immigration is a huge asset?

DontThrowPackages

Those pesky Jews, Germans, Cubans, Chinese, Japanese, Native Americans, Negros (terminology back in the day) and so many others, were not welcome either. Sure I left out some folk, but I've been up since 3 AM .. not on all cylinders right now.

While living in New York, certain Italians, weren't welcome in certain parts......
You forgot, "Irish need not apply"and "Catholics need not apply" signs throughout this country at one point. Some would say to two signs are one in the same in that Irish are Catholics. But, you're right this country was founded on hate.

vantexan

You forgot, "Irish need not apply"and "Catholics need not apply" signs throughout this country at one point. Some would say to two signs are one in the same in that Irish are Catholics. But, you're right this country was founded on hate.
More America bashing. Truth is that hate was brought with every group that ever landed on these shores. But let's get to the issue at hand. The countries these children are from are being portrayed as extraordinarily dangerous but the truth is that most murders in those countries are between rival gangs. Thousands of Americans and others are living in these countries and the few that have been murdered were almost always involved in things they shouldn't have been. Guatemala in particular not only has many expats but gets a lot of tourists, backpackers in particular, that enjoy their stays almost always without incident, especially not violence. That doesn't mean these countries are perfect, they certainly are poor. But justifying taking all these kids in because their homelands are wracked with violence is extremely misleading. I'd have to ask why is it that they aren't being kept at the border to be processed and sent home? It's not only about businessmen wanting cheap labor, which is a major reason the border hasn't been shut down, but Democrats wanting future Democrats. Both liberal and conservative administrations have only made gestures at controlling the border, and we're all suffering, including Hispanic Americans who's families have been here for generations. We NEED these folks to work in many industries where not enough Americans are willing, but we need a guest worker program, not whole families crossing the border and straining our social services to the point of collapse. America doesn't have an endless pool of money to spend on non-citizens. And that includes making war in countries that aren't going to be any better off and probably worse off after we leave. We need to get the word out that America isn't going to raise every unaccompanied minor, they need to stay home with their families.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In the county that I live, the head of the County Board has already come out and stated that no county resources will be used to feed and house them. We already have a huge problem in this area with illegals from Central America and their gangs and crime. Personally, I think the kids should be loaded in planes and flown back to the capitals of their countries and let THEIR governments solve the problem.

This is the confusion with those on the right who buy the hype because the right doesnt want to be truthful.

Lets put you into a reality check.

Bush signed a law, "the donnelly act" which allows central and south american children to come to the USA, and the moment they set foot on us soil, they become a protected class of immigrants.

YOUR tax dollars were then assigned to pay for these children, and that includes housing, food, medicine and placement into the USA.

This is a FACT. The bill was re authorized in 2004 and 2008 just before bush left office.

NO COUNTY or CITY will EVER have to spend city finances on these children as the US government has been saddled with the ENTIRE bill for these children.

City officials who are making these kinds of claims know this already, but it just sounds better to the people who would be dumb enough to believe it.

The BUSH law is allowing these children to come here, and your anger should be directed towards the republicans in congress who refused to repeal this bill back in april 2014 when obama asked them to to stop the influx and return these children back to home countries.

The "right" wants you to be angry with OBAMA, over these children, but they know where the blame lays.

The president has an obligation to follow the current immigration law, and as long as the republicans in congress delay immigration reform, this problem will only get worse.

Hopefully, you can see that placing blame onto the president, or simply saying we need change at the white house wont change the very law that is causing this problem to begin with.

TOS.

DontThrowPackages

Let anyone from fox news tell it and America is sinless,perfect and farts Chanel number 5. Maybe if the Right would shut their mouth about how, "This is the best country in the world....", maybe people would stop coming. And what is it with the " They hate us for are freedom" line? Canada is free. So too is Australia, free. Why do the haters of freedom not hate these countries? American Policies bring the hatred not its Freedom. And America does have endless money. When the day comes when our political leaders say we have no money to give away to Israel, Nigeria, Egypt, Pakistan and about 20 others, then I will agree with anyone who says America hasn't endless money.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Let anyone from fox news tell it and America is sinless,perfect and farts Chanel number 5. Maybe if the Right would shut their mouth about how, "This is the best country in the world....", maybe people would stop coming. And what is it with the " They hate us for are freedom" line? Canada is free. So too is Australia, free. Why do the haters of freedom not hate these countries? American Policies bring the hatred not its Freedom. And America does have endless money. When the day comes when our political leaders say we have no money to give away to Israel, Nigeria, Egypt, Pakistan and about 20 others, then I will agree with anyone who says America hasn't endless money.
Truth right there.

vantexan

This is the confusion with those on the right who buy the hype because the right doesnt want to be truthful.

Bush signed a law, "the donnelly act" which allows central and south american children to come to the USA, and the moment they set foot on us soil, they become a protected class of immigrants.

YOUR tax dollars were then assigned to pay for these children, and that includes housing, food, medicine and placement into the USA.

This is a FACT. The bill was re authorized in 2004 and 2008 just before bush left office.

NO COUNTY or CITY will EVER have to spend city finances on these children as the US government has been saddled with the ENTIRE bill for these children.

City officials who are making these kinds of claims know this already, but it just sounds better to the people who would be dumb enough to believe it.

The BUSH law is allowing these children to come here, and your anger should be directed towards the republicans in congress who refused to repeal this bill back in april 2014 when obama asked them to to stop the influx and return these children back to home countries.

The "right" wants you to be angry with OBAMA, over these children, but they know where the blame lays.

The president has an obligation to follow the current immigration law, and as long as the republicans in congress delay immigration reform, this problem will only get worse.

Hopefully, you can see that placing blame onto the president, or simply saying we need change at the white house wont change the very law that is causing this problem to begin with.

TOS.
Let's be correct here. The Bush law allowed UNACCOMPANIED children to stay, not just any kid. However it was not intended as a vehicle to send hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied children to the U.S. but rather an act of compassion. But this crisis is happening under Obama's watch, and we have to ask why? Why is it that this crisis manifested itself in the last month, but the administration was advertising for transport services for the border regions back in January? Why is it that the administration is shipping these kids all over the country instead of keeping them at the border? Why is it that the administration refuses to use all necessary means to shut down the border(applies to Bush too)? You can play politics all you want but this is happening right now under this administration. Do we let hundreds of thousands of kids in and just stand there and say this is Bush's fault? Right now there are homeless advocates in California questioning why the Federal gov't is paying to house these kids but not the homeless citizens.

vantexan

We don't have endless money because we do give that money to those countries. There isn't an endless supply or we wouldn't be $17 trillion in debt and rising. We give that money to those countries because of strategic needs. We are a petrol economy, and the oil must flow. We have an administration that's not allowing drilling on Federal land or new drilling in boundary waters. And no one is saying we're sinless. Only the America haters want to always bash us for our sins when genocides of much greater magnitude have occurred all over the world. America isn't perfect but no nation has spent more blood and treasure protecting and aiding other countries. America is hated because we project power which is something Canada with it's much smaller population doesn't. But the U.S. also funds more of the U.N. than any other country by far and when natural disasters occur or countries are invaded we're the one that they always turn to. Get some perspective.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

TOS.

I don't need you to put me into a reality check. I get a reality check EVERY day when I leave my house. What used to be a nice area has become run down and over run. When I go to my daughter's school, I am the minority. While I welcome the diversity because of how it is enriching my child's life to learn about different cultures, I DON'T welcome the idea that I am surrounded by gangs because I can't afford to live elsewhere. I also don't appreciate that when I had to go to the Health Department to get shots to travel to another country, the waiting room was mostly filled by non-English speakers taking advantage of our good will.

When I go to work, some of the people barely speak English and it makes me feel bad for the customers who might have to try to carry on a conversation with them, because they can hardly understand ME.

There is a home for children about 30 minutes from me that has taken in some of those illegal children and has protestors protesting outside every day.

American men who have worked construction their whole lives are being laid off because illegals are willing to work cheaper and don't want non-Spanish speakers working with them.

All of this is MY reality check every day, plus other things. Both sides, Republican AND Democrats are in shirking their duties by avoiding the immigration problem and we are all being impacted while it hardly affects them.