How do I fill out a grievance?

Furen

A supervisor pushed me and threatened to 'talk' with me off the clock. I think that qualifies as grievance worthy, but I have never filled out one. How do I do so? Is there a template somewhere?

Furen

How about assault first. Cameras everywhere.

You mean with the police? The confrontation I don't believe was that big to be calling in the boys in blue. It's not like he pushed me on the floor. He put his arm around my back and aggressively tried to push me out the trailer door.

542thruNthru

A supervisor pushed me and threatened to 'talk' with me off the clock. I think that qualifies as grievance worthy, but I have never filled out one. How do I do so? Is there a template somewhere?

Do you know who you're steward is? I recommend getting with him/her and filing one out.

"Article 37 and all applicable" is the Article you should use.

Grievance forms are different across the country. So speak with your shop steward.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You mean with the police? The confrontation I don't believe was that big to be calling in the boys in blue. It's not like he pushed me on the floor. He put his arm around my back and aggressively tried to push me out the trailer door.

That’s assault

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

That's assault and battery, right @scooby0048? Use of force and threatened use of force "off the clock".

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

What precipitated your supervisor to get physical with you ?

Where you "jawing" back and forth with him ?

It's not normal for someone, out of the blue, to just get physical with an employee.

Make no mistake, he doesn't have any right to touch you.

If you had done that to him.... they would have walked you straight out the door.

Furen

What precipitated your supervisor to get physical with you ?

Where you "jawing" back and forth with him ?

It's not normal for someone, out of the blue, to just get physical with an employee.

Make no mistake, he doesn't have any right to touch you.

If you had done that to him.... they would have walked you straight out the door.

I was told by my direct supervisor in the unload to deal with Irregs and retapes. So as I'm taking irregs out the trailer, This punk, a power tripping supervisor in bulk comes over to where I am and says

Bulk Supe: "Are you on the Clock?"

Me: "Yes"

Bulk Supe: "Then get this bulk out of here"

Me: "Don't you see I've been getting the bulk out of here and putting it on the belt?"

Bulk Supe: "Now hold on now, I'm not Kevin (my former supe that we mutually have a good relationship with) I trips"

Me: "I don't care who you are, I'm not your son and you don't talk to me like that"

*Supe invade my personal space and bumps his chest against mine*

Bulk Supe: "I'm talking to you like that. What you gonna do?"

* Bulk Supe then puts his hand on my back and proceeds to aggressively try to remove me from the trailer to which I resist*

*By this time another worker attempts to intervene along with my actual Supe and this punk tells them not to get in his way or stand in front of him*

*I point out to my Supe and him that he assaulted me which he attempts to deny saying he was trying to gently guide me to somewhere else, but I point out the Camera stationed above him that has been watching us as well as the fact that he doesn't even work in our area and he isn't my Supervisor*

Bulk Supe: "I get off at 9:30, we can 'talk' then"

My supe then told me to go get some water, cool my head and clock out. So that is what I did. Well clocked out anyway. I'm still plenty enraged that this power tripping thug in uniform got at me like that. I told my friends what happened and they told me that I should've called them & we could've waited at his car for him at 9:30 to see what all this 'talking' is about. Tempting & satisfying as that sounds, I'd rather not lose my job due to fighting so I've talked to my Business Agent about what happened and he said he is going to help me file a grievance Monday. Keep in mind this particular Supervisor was suspended just recently for getting aggressive with another Supervisor.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was told by my direct supervisor in the unload to deal with Irregs and retapes. So as I'm taking irregs out the trailer, This punk, a power tripping supervisor in bulk comes over to where I am and says

Bulk Supe: "Are you on the Clock?"

Me: "Yes"

Bulk Supe: "Then get this bulk out of here"

Me: "Don't you see I've been getting the bulk out of here and putting it on the belt?"

Bulk Supe: "Now hold on now, I'm not Kevin (my former supe that we mutually have a good relationship with) I trips"

Me: "I don't care who you are, I'm not your son and you don't talk to me like that"

*Supe invade my personal space and bumps his chest against mine*

Bulk Supe: "I'm talking to you like that. What you gonna do?"

* Bulk Supe then puts his hand on my back and proceeds to aggressively try to remove me from the trailer to which I resist*

*By this time another worker attempts to intervene along with my actual Supe and this punk tells them not to get in his way or stand in front of him*

*I point out to my Supe and him that he assaulted me which he attempts to deny saying he was trying to gently guide me to somewhere else, but I point out the Camera stationed above him that has been watching us as well as the fact that he doesn't even work in our area and he isn't my Supervisor*

Bulk Supe: "I get off at 9:30, we can 'talk' then"

My supe then told me to go get some water, cool my head and clock out. So that is what I did. Well clocked out anyway. I'm still plenty enraged that this power tripping thug in uniform got at me like that. I told my friends what happened and they told me that I should've called them & we could've waited at his car for him at 9:30 to see what all this 'talking' is about. Tempting & satisfying as that sounds, I'd rather not lose my job due to fighting so I've talked to my Business Agent about what happened and he said he is going to help me file a grievance Monday. Keep in mind this particular Supervisor was suspended just recently for getting aggressive with another Supervisor.
Call your business agent ASAP and file the grievance along with reporting it to the ups hotline 1-800-220-4126. Those type of power trip supervisors need to go. Make sure your witness gets all the facts right and that POS supervisor will be out of a job very quickly.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Other people here might disagree but bumping your gums at someone does not warrant any physical contact of any sorts. What happened is you were assaulted or whatever other agencies call it, battery. You should have immediately walked away, found a phone and called the police to respond, does not matter if it hurt or you didn't feel like reporting it..

Once the police arrived, I would have requested charges be filed be it for assault or whatever it is called where you are at. Some states it is an immediate arrest, others it is an issuance of a criminal citation or "paper arrest". The person involved will either be hauled away in cuffs or summonsed to appear. Either way the process begins. UPS will fire you for even making blanket threats nevermind physical contact.

Furen

Call your business agent ASAP and file the grievance along with reporting it to the ups hotline 1-800-220-4126. Those type of power trip supervisors need to go. Make sure your witness gets all the facts right and that POS supervisor will be out of a job very quickly.

The witnesses won't help. Seems he leaned on them and their altered tale of events is that he simply tried to give me a directive and I flipped out like a mad man on him. Seems my only hope is the camera.

The witnesses won't help. Seems he leaned on them and their altered tale of events is that he simply tried to give me a directive and I flipped out like a mad man on him. Seems my only hope is the camera.
I'm betting the camera will be either out of focus or not showing enough detail to make a determination. Happened in the guard shack at my building one night.

Returntosender

47D3FCA2-2118-4E76-BDC7-5FE9A47376C3.gif

He put his arm around my back and aggressively tried to push me out the trailer door.