How do I lock in a run?

sambag

I was told by my union steward that I can be locked in to a run when I tell my supervisor to be locked in the moment I do a run.

This run example 66B is open and the guy who was doing it is injured. I asked to be locked in but my supervisor said the guy is coming back next week but it’s not even his run. It’s an open run he’s been doing for 5 years. He was able to locked in to it so nobody can steal his run. Shouldn’t I be able to do the same? Lock in to his run?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was told by my union steward that I can be locked in to a run when I tell my supervisor to be locked in the moment I do a run.

This run example 66B is open and the guy who was doing it is injured. I asked to be locked in but my supervisor said the guy is coming back next week but it’s not even his run. It’s an open run he’s been doing for 5 years. He was able to locked in to it so nobody can steal his run. Shouldn’t I be able to do the same? Lock in to his run?
Nope. Seniority rules. And you need to bid the job. Unless you work in my building, which you don’t we don’t have a 66B.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

They don't like you.

At all.

Not even a little bit.

Brutally honest helping.

542thruNthru

A open run that hasn't been bid for over 5 years? Maybe you should ask your steward why this route/run hasn't been bid.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That’s a bitch move either way

iruhnman630

Nice guy.

Est.1998

I understand different hubs have their own dialect so i had to replace run with route.
That said, if what the stew said was correct, wouldn't it be in the book?
Can he not show it to you?
If both you and the injured guy are cover drivers, and the route is open, seniority rules.
Route bids are coming up, sign your name on it and hope for the best.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
we have open routes because they build more routes than we have available "RPCD" drivers to fill but these tend to be fairly broad, mostly residential cut routes with a letter ending in like E through I. Most of your average routes are A through D so it confuses me why nobody has bid the route yet.

In most areas someone on disability can bid a route via a representative for them. So if I wanted to NOT be an :censored2: I would call them up first and see if they wanted the route before you bid it.

any other "open" route is subject to the seniority madhouse, if you have higher seniority, you bump the other person off. If management intervenes because you "don't know how to run it" or whatever, you request in writing to be trained on the route for the very next day.

I'm trying to be broad but this is all subject to differences by your local contract.

Last edited: