How do we get amazon back?

GenericUsername

Honestly, it's sit and wait for the Amazon thing to happen. The USPS will keep taking it on and start having to work 6 days a week in order to accommodate the volume for just Amazon alone. Eventually they will have to have drivers deliver only Amazon, which means more money, more trucks, more maintenance on the trucks. They'll see they can't handle the volume eventually and will have to dump some of it somehow. If they don't and they keep taking it in, they'll eventually sink on their own. Amazon will drop them as they fall behind on their deliveries. Fedex can't handle all the volume, so it leaves us as the last major player in the game.

Until Amazon gets their own network of buildings, trucks, planes and everything else involved, I don't think we'll lose it 100%. But, I do believe that we'll be sitting and waiting for a little while until it falls back to us. And when it does, we'll have become stagnant with less routes out and less drivers. They'll go into a hiring frenzy to get more drivers on the road to take care of the volume that's coming back to us. From what I can tell, Amazon hasn't changed in my building much at all, if any. We have more of an issue of getting Surepost into mailbags and not on the routes.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a wait and see game of how long until it comes back to UPS, not a "will we ever get it back" type of situation.

And if this doesn't make sense, it's 3:45 AM and my 2 year old has been up on and off throughout the night due to molars coming in. I apologize in advance.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am seeing more surepost from Amazon out of my center. I suspect that it is just not profitable for them to do it themselves. Too many miles between stops. Even if they were to do all the surepost, I do not think that they could get to all the post offices effectively or cheaply.

To add.... I do not think it will go away for my area either. I am starting to see "Amazon cupboard" packages. My center is 1.5 hours from a Amazon distribution center. I would think that a 'cupboard' package, which is presumably groceries, would be one of the 1st things they would take off us.

Bezos disliked ups 20 years ago. Now amazon employs many ex-management. Ironically, one of those managers is the one who strained the relationship.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Target is up there as well. They put their Black Friday deals online over the weekend, so we have that to look forward to this week.
Do you know how Target used to ship their deliveries? It seems like they just started using us primarily for deliveries out of nowhere and the pickup volume is massive.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As I have gotten older, the only country I can listen to anymore is the old time country from the 60's and 70's. (The Hank Sr. to Johnny Cash time frame.) This new style 'country music' that's out now isn't true country music to me.
Willie's Roadhouse. Give me Webb Pierce anyday over this new crap.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe they just get up to speed and deliver their own crap instead of threatening to do it.
In their bs little vans like ontrac...they want to use private contractors like fedex ground....and gypos running loads from Amazon into our yards...zone skipping. I know on the west coast they are having us go into their buildings because they are having trouble with gypos...