How do you find out Place and time of panel level hearing? Help

jenltuli

OOPS!......CONT'D
WAS NOT THERE! You see? As far as the BA? thats why I posted in the 1st place (not for any legal advice) I have no appointment with him, I have been unable to speak with him, and other than him reading my grievance and being at the center level hearing he has not talked to me about anything, I have not gotten any calls back from anyone other than the office secretary letting me know where and when the panel hearing is. And that was only after the tdu got involved. Still have heard nothing from my ba or anyone in that local for that matter.
I don't need and don't want your sympathy. Your perspective on the situation is good though so that I can figure out possibly why this has happened. I don't know what is a tracer/dfu? I have never had a cust complaint before, this is the 1st time.

tieguy

Banned
But you must know that these questions had gone on and on until finally the LM understood that it was sheeted at a different time
next the 3 packages that the center manager pulled from my truck on the 20th I could not find the suite to match on the address so I put NI1. He says I never went to these places. Yes I did One ended up being a Postal connections I did not know that. Another there are three buildings same address different suites I could not find the suite. Third one same thing. But I told him that in the 1st and 2nd interview. I am honest and I thought I was gonna get a warning or something not terminated. And for dishonesty when I told him what I did. My mistake I should have call in to find address on the 3.
any other question? I will tell you

Sigh...you're not listening or I'm not explainin...:thumbup1:

You have two incidents. The first one is the monday delivery where you did not leave a delivery notice. Thats a she said, I said. All anyone can prove is that you completed the stop after the time you say you went there.

The second incident is the one you described above with your send agains. In that one you had address issues you recorded as not ins. On those you put down incorrect delivery information. Per the delivery attempt information you entered into the diad board you stated that you went to those locations and that the consignee was not in to sign for them. When in fact you could not find those locations. Three different stops for three different locations that your center manager says you falsified. Three different stops meaning three seperate times where you willfully (per the company) put in bogus delivery attempt information. You think your correct because you made an attempt to find those places and simply put in bad delivery information.

The center manager sees a situation where

1) A customer calls to complain that you never attempted delivery on the first stop you mentioned. You said you did.
2) center manager now has a she said / you said situation. So he investigates further and pulls your send agains.
3) When he pulls your send agains he then finds three different stops where you recorded them as NI1's. You claim you could not find them.

So the center manager has a complaint from a customer in scenario one that states you never attempted delivery. He investigates and finds three seperate stops where you either never attempted delivery or you falsified the delivery information.

Thus he discharged you The color of your skin did not falsify that delivery information you did.

I'm sorry I have to be so honest with you but you have no hope or prayer until you realize how badly you screwed up here.

If it was me I might have given you a stern talking to and then followed up by periodically auditing your delivery information. But the center manager is perfectly right in discharging you for what you did.

Your only defense in this case is to plead laziness or ignorance in not following the correct methods and procedures if given the opportunity. Thats up to your BA. When he listened to you get grilled at the local hearing he was trying to determine whether you are a credible enough witness to be interviewed at the panel hearing. Thats why he listened because if he allows you to speak at the panel then that type of grilling is what you will experience.

W

westsideworma

He can do that.He drives a BMW.
He sees you with your bad attitude and your hyundai and decides to play god.

That a glengarry reference???

A always, B Be C Closing

ALWAYS BE CLOSING

....coffee is for closers ;-)

jenltuli

ok so I now see your point. I want you to know I take responsibility. I don't however think I should have been terminated. I think a warning letter even suspension or however those are handled, but not automatic termination. Why would you only give a talking to and a different manager would terminate? So if you really liked the person they could stay, but if you didn't you can terminate? right? I am not sueing, I have only on this site talked about what I feel is the real reason. I have not included that in my grievence nothing. I am not saying the color of my skin is why I make mistake! But I told him what I did on the day I was made aware of the "investigation" If I was dishonest why would I tell him what I did? Are you following? I know I made mistake. But that is what it is I supposed to call in for address, I didn't I am very sorry about it. Believe me it will never happen again. I said all this to my center manager too. He doesn't care. He just say the investigation has been concluded. I don't want to go over this and over this and over this and over this. I came into this forum to seek NOT LEGAL advice but advice regarding the union and hopefully more that other drivers would know what I'm going through and have some helpful insight. Thank you to all

jenltuli

New Question: So what should I expect at the panel hearing? Same as the Center Hearing? Is it a Q and A? I just hope that I am prepared. As my attny won't be able to say anything, I just want my job back. But I don't want to be kept being called a liar. Thank you

Cole

There are quite a bit of discrepancies with pkgs from mgnmnt everyday. For example, often a pkg shows up in your edd, but is not on the truck, the next day you have it, but no disposition. Could have been a misload, and a driver didn't sheet it, but often they sheet them as "left in building" or "known closed" which is false. Sometimes a sup will pick up a misload from you and never make an effort to get it to correct driver, then when the pkg is tracked it shows "left in building", which is falsified info, and it happens quite frequently, and also happens when the wrong smart label is on the pkg, so they take it back for an address correction, which I imagine charges a customer when our sysytem is to blame, and that too is falsified info.

Talk to other drivers and see if this type thing goes on in your center, because what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Can't have double standards now can we?

Cole

There are quite a bit of discrepancies with pkgs from mgnmnt everyday. For example, often a pkg shows up in your edd, but is not on the truck, the next day you have it, but no disposition. Could have been a misload, and a driver didn't sheet it, but often they sheet them as "left in building" or "known closed" which is false. Sometimes a sup will pick up a misload from you and never make an effort to get it to correct driver, then when the pkg is tracked it shows "left in building", which is falsified info, and it happens quite frequently, and also happens when the wrong smart label is on the pkg, so they take it back for an address correction, which I imagine charges a customer when our sysytem is to blame, and that too is falsified info.

Talk to other drivers and see if this type thing goes on in your center, because what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Can't have double standards now can we?

tieguy

Banned

You may be able to muddy the waters with something of this nature but I don't think so. the damning evidence is the three packages whose address he could not find. He coded those as not in 1's.

tieguy

Banned
New Question: So what should I expect at the panel hearing? Same as the Center Hearing? Is it a Q and A? I just hope that I am prepared. As my attny won't be able to say anything, I just want my job back. But I don't want to be kept being called a liar. Thank you

that you now need to talk to your BA and union lawyers about.

Cole

Alot of times rookies will do things like that in their 30 day period, and it's risky bus. A couple of yrs ago I went to help a rookie in his 30 day period, and he had several businesses he was going to sheet as NI etc...as he said he was told to do that, but as a steward I told him, that he would be risking his job by doing that and to sheet them as missed if they're missed. He did and they disqualified him. I thought he was finished w/ his 30 days when I told him that, and felt bad he got disqualified.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Here at our panel we have 2 union chairs and 2 ups management chairs, you will have your ba and maybe your steward and the company will have a labor manager and probably your manager. Its a pretty formal setting its like a court hearing, both sides will state their case.Then the chairs (ups & union) will ask questions, Only answer the question, you will do more harm by going on and on. Show restraint dont show any facial expressions even if the company is lieing. This sounds like a case of who will they believe more. Dress nice it shows your serious about your job, shirt and tie if you can its a sign of respect for both sides. If you have been honest with us you have a real good chance of getting your job back. Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss your case a little more. Good luck and be proffesional at the hearing.

tieguy

Banned
Alot of times rookies will do things like that in their 30 day period, and it's risky bus. A couple of yrs ago I went to help a rookie in his 30 day period, and he had several businesses he was going to sheet as NI etc...as he said he was told to do that, but as a steward I told him, that he would be risking his job by doing that and to sheet them as missed if they're missed. He did and they disqualified him. I thought he was finished w/ his 30 days when I told him that, and felt bad he got disqualified.

And thats a legitimate point. Jen how long have you been doing the delivery driver job.

jenltuli

I have been driving for 10 months however, its all been on call like march and april did not drive but one day. I also do cut truck.
No excuse however I know I made a mistake. and I am sorry about it.

jenltuli

Hey new question maybe should start new post I dont know. But I was looking at my bank acct and recieved a deposit from UPS, looked up paycheck at upsers.com and got paid 8 hours holiday pay I assume for the 4th of July. Why would I get paid for that? Also shouldn't I get paid for my optional days that I still have? But not for holiday because I was termed. If it is wrong and I think it is does anyone know how I get ahold of payroll so they can take it back out? thanks

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey new question maybe should start new post I dont know. But I was looking at my bank acct and recieved a deposit from UPS, looked up paycheck at upsers.com and got paid 8 hours holiday pay I assume for the 4th of July. Why would I get paid for that? Also shouldn't I get paid for my optional days that I still have? But not for holiday because I was termed. If it is wrong and I think it is does anyone know how I get ahold of payroll so they can take it back out? thanks
I wouldnt spend it! Leave it there and if you come out on the losing end of this you will be paid out all your vacation. Hopefully everything works out and this will be a non-issue.

jenltuli

No, no paperwork yet. But good news the hearing was yesterday and it went really good. I am not supposed to talk about the details yet, but It went really really good. I can't wait to tell everyone what happened. So I don't think I will be needing the paperwork for Cobra or anything else.
Thank you to everyone especially Red and Cole you really helped me get the correct info about stuff, and the TDU. Thank you so very much.

Cole

Glad to hear you have good news, just do things by the book and you should be fine!

Take care!

Cole

705red

Browncafe Steward
Watch your self when you go back, if they want you its a matter of time before they get you! Do the job 100% by the book and you will eventually retire from here on your own terms! Congrats and keep in touch.