How do you try to live, hobbies, being disabled?

beatupbrown

I am disabled just wonder any out there that is walking in my shoes .What do you try to do for hobbies? I have taken up photography when I can. I had to buy a mono pod to handle the weight of the camera I really like it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am disabled just wonder any out there that is walking in my shoes .What do you try to do for hobbies? I have taken up photography when I can. I had to buy a mono pod to handle the weight of the camera I really like it.
Reading is a hobby I enjoy...but just kinda fell out of it for awhile. Lots of great books out there!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am retired and I spend a lot of my time doing photography related stuff.
It is a good hobby and you can let it eat your time up as much as you want ... especially in the post-processing.

I have a cat and we spend a good bit of time together swinging or sitting outside.

Gardening is something I do in spurts but I mostly do containers and move them around and swap out.
You can set up and plant on a table surface while sitting and standing too which is a nice thing about containers.
Round up and mulch are my hoes.

You can drive to a park or nature area and spend lots of time there observing animals and plants.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sadly by the time many of us retire our bodies are so beat up we are physically limited in what we are able to do. Find something that interests you and you are still able to enjoy doing. What you do isn't important. Just as long as you remain active in some way.

beatupbrown

I am retired and I spend a lot of my time doing photography related stuff.
It is a good hobby and you can let it eat your time up as much as you want ... especially in the post-processing.

I have a cat and we spend a good bit of time together swinging or sitting outside.

Gardening is something I do in spurts but I mostly do containers and move them around and swap out.
You can set up and plant on a table surface while sitting and standing too which is a nice thing about containers.
Round up and mulch are my hoes.

You can drive to a park or nature area and spend lots of time there observing animals and plants.
Yes I Like photography I shoot in Manual trying to tweak the settings to get the perfect picture. I just need to pony up the money for Adobe Photoshop light room software my puter is old not sure it will take the software. I got a puppy lots of training so as not to be a out of control K-9.I raise vegetables some flowers I get everything done in the morning I get up at 3am I have a window to try hobbies thanks for the kick back.I try to go to the out doors too I see you have a lot of the same ideas as me.

beatupbrown

Sadly by the time many of us retire our bodies are so beat up we are physically limited in what we are able to do. Find something that interests you and you are still able to enjoy doing. What you do isn't important. Just as long as you remain active in some way.
So true staying active seems to be the key or you will just welt away .

rod

Retired 22 years
It don't take much to amuse me. A little fishing, motorcycle riding, camping and most of all just tinkering in my shop. P.S. I know disabled people who do all of those.

beatupbrown

This thread is not about folks like that...My goal was to have folks who worked at UPS that are disabled because of working there or anyone who suffers, or just UPS folks who can inject something useful into the conversation based on how I worded the topic , this is public open forum go for it . .When it goes in a direction where you want to take it. I will get upset about what I went though where I am today I don’t want to do that.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I retired in March of this year. I have a hard time getting around. I can't walk for very long without sitting down. My knees are shot from bouncing off a package care and climbing off a tractor for 38 years. I just got my "park up close to the building placard" yesterday. I left there and stopped by a post office, and could have used the handicapped parking but didn't. I guess I'm in denial. It is hard to come to grips when I was so active in my younger years. I've yet to find a hobby or pastime that is compatable to my limited movements. I'm still looking. I'll find something, I'm sure.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This thread is not about folks like that...My goal was to have folks who worked at UPS that are disabled because of working there or anyone who suffers, or just UPS folks who can inject something useful into the conversation based on how I worded the topic , this is public open forum go for it . .When it goes in a direction where you want to take it. I will get upset about what I went though where I am today I don’t want to do that.
I'm not pointing fingers.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
with the internet, the skys the limit. whatever your interests.

you could sell your framed photography on ebay or craigslist. I love books so I buy books on ebay for small change and sell for big bucks on Amazon.

just make a list of your interests and then google those interests and join discussion forums. there are discussion forums for everything.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm honestly not trying to pry but you could be disabled in a million different ways. How you are disabled greatly effects what hobbies you could do.

beatupbrown

You are correct the list could all directions .I am trying to help the legions of UPS folks who had to leave after being maimed in variety of ways. Some have been severally impacted in many ways. This is not a pity potty sorry for me bull sh... This is about many folks have had been shown the streets from the inability to perform the job some are worse than others .Lots of veterans on here can offer ideas.

.I opened myself up to folks with this thread, some we give the old pull your boot straps up and go on B.S...My issue are severe I will leave it at that.

I am trying to help in a variety of ways I suppose, many on here read but they do not post this is for them! You are not alone my friend.