How do you try to live, hobbies, being disabled?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Many on here, including myself, should read more and post less.
2014-10-20-10-37-24--1345947459.jpeg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My husband is disabled and not on disability. We can make it without govt help, we are fortunate. He can work alot sometimes, and others not at all. So we officially retired him, from punching in and out. He builds custom bikes, hauls firewood, fixes vehicles, builds rc airplanes, mows, landscapes, cares for our kid (a dog), does everything I cannot do because I am at work. If its a day he cannot work, that is why we retired him. He can rest and recoup, and live another day.

I have not had a home repair bill, rarely a vehicle maintenance bill, rarely had to buy firewood, or had to miss a day of work because my parents etc(now deceased) needed to get to an appointment, and needed help, bcause he was there. Even when it meant a 250 mile round trip, or he had to get up at 4 am to do it.
Being disabled doesnt mean you are worthless, it just means you have bad days, good days, and sometimes great days. It gives you a little more time than most to assist others.

And the ones that scam the system, yup, really hate it. But for the rest, I applaud you to keep on keeping on. It aint over, just slowed down.