how do you withdraw from the union

Indecisi0n

Every time we have a union meeting not one PTer shows up. So as far as I'm concerned you guys have no say (in my local that is).

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Every time we have a union meeting not one PTer shows up. So as far as I'm concerned you guys have no say (in my local that is).

The reason, most likely, is that most PTers are taking a day off or spending that time to make money that UPS doesnt give us. Most PT I talk with have a second job, a third or run their own buisness.

Time is money.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Imagine that!
Most UPSers will only run into one entity more greedy than UPS Stockowners and that entity is ... The Teamster Union. LOL

LOL
I don't know about greedy but they will make you work to leave

Reminds me of that stupid rebate scam some stores use
You want to save 10 bucks, i'm gonna make you spend 20 minutes and a stamp :groooansmileyf:

stink219

I will call my local on monday but didnt know if any of the stewards would know. Since im leaving UPS I was told by some I get my initiation fee back.. is this true? Any insight would be great thanks, If it matters im in the new england area
Once you want out, we will pull you back in!! Check in time is now! Check out time is never! You must pay with your eternal soul!!!! Muhahahahaha!!!!!
Just kidding. What local?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Tell me about it.

Most RTW locals waive initiation fees. We waive initiation fees for PT new hires and charge a $20 re-initiation for PT'ers getting back into the union.

Assuming you're actually in Orlando, FL you're probably covered under Local 385. According to the LM-2's, your local's maximum initiation fee is $75.00 -- this would probably be for a FT combo or driver who was not a member while PT. I'll wager your local waives these fees outright for PT'ers or charges much less than $75.00.

That being said, the locals in closed shop states charge outrageous initiation fees simply because they can. Nailing a PT'er with $200+ in fees that get leeched out of his $130 paycheck over his first month or two is outright robbery.

Fullhouse

I would ask for a dues refund for the next month. You may or may not be aware but the dues you paid this month is actually being collected for the following month. That is about all you will be able to get.

J

jibbs

Most RTW locals waive initiation fees. We waive initiation fees for PT new hires and charge a $20 re-initiation for PT'ers getting back into the union.

Assuming you're actually in Orlando, FL you're probably covered under Local 385. According to the LM-2's, your local's maximum initiation fee is $75.00 -- this would probably be for a FT combo or driver who was not a member while PT. I'll wager your local waives these fees outright for PT'ers or charges much less than $75.00.

That being said, the locals in closed shop states charge outrageous initiation fees simply because they can. Nailing a PT'er with $200+ in fees that get leeched out of his $130 paycheck over his first month or two is outright robbery.

friend*in' right it is!

It's even worse when the initiation fees don't begin subtracting themselves from your weekly check until you've been employed for half a year already. Way to blindside the PTers, man... I'm past that, though, took me ~7-8 months but I'm finally done seeing initiation fees get taken out every other week or every month or whatever the hell it was. All I know for sure is that it felt like too much.

Original Post said:
how do you withdraw from the union

Blood in, blood out.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Ours is two payments of 35 dollars on two weeks on a paycheck, initiation fees. Then its 2.5% of the overall paycheck each week.

I agree that some locals do horrible things to their members.

Too bad they didnt find Hoffa.

rocket man

I will call my local on monday but didnt know if any of the stewards would know. Since im leaving UPS I was told by some I get my initiation fee back.. is this true? Any insight would be great thanks, If it matters im in the new england area
Thanks for your support no refunds or exchanges you knew how to get in. one size fits all allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery taxes apply in certian states check with your local irs bldg