How is everybodys peak going?

J

jibbs

Not saying you're stupid BTW...your supervisor prolly is.

Yeah, I hear you. If they want to pay me for coming in early and having the belts move at a snail's pace for 7-8 hours I'm cool with it. It's honestly the easiest money I've earned at UPS since I started in August.

Hellio

Does anyone remember the days of delivering on paper and having a truck jam packed full of packages and having no idea where to start or what you have in that mess?!?

browniehound

Overflow Routes that are usually in everyday after December 1 have not been implemented ,and as a result I worked right at 17 hours of OT last week,and will probably come close again this week. Sock it to me,because i'll be the first one on the 9.5 list in January,and I will most certainly be using my 8 hour requests

You like to use your 8 hour requests just to use them because its your contractual right and not because you need to get out in 8 hours to see your kids ball game, a dentist appointment, etc.? Please forgive me but I think you are selfish. How bad do you screw the driver right next to you in the loop? When the driver next to me in my loop requests 8 hours I get totally screwed. I end up working 11 hours everytime.

Now, if he really needed to get out to actually do something I can live with that. If he does it 2 times a month just because he doesn't feel like working I have a problem with that. Who the hell do you think you are? I'm not talking about contract language and whatever. I'm saying this: how can you do that to a fellow driver with a clear conscious? Whats right is right. You're the "B" driver working 8 hours and the "C" driver is working 11 just so you can go home and read a magazine and scratch your genetials?

Why not just be a MAN and work your shift instead of screwing your fellow employees? Why be a total wus bag and wine "I don't want my overtime 2 days per month"?

This job requires overtime every day and its what you signed up for. Its what I signed up. When I go into UPS its for the entire day.

If you have something to do then its ok, but to just do it because you can is wrong in my humble opinion.

You're just screwing the guys you work with and go to battle with. And if you think your and 3 other 8 hour letters are going to force them to add another route, think again.

browniehound

I got to drive one of my center's new Freightliner 800 automatics today...so fresh, and so clean, only 900 miles on the thing. Not a scratch on the pig yet, that will change.

Why does UPS still have non-power steering trucks from the late 80's still online? The 80's!! No power-steering. In 2012 we can buy cars that can parallel park themselves yet UPS still employs/deploys, lol, trucks that do not have power steering!

Really? No power steering? What do our customers think when they see the poor soul pushing and pulling that wheel? They think this: He can not not have power steering in that truck. It must be broken. Power steering became standard on most cars in the 1970's. Right? (I remember my mother's 68' Nova not having it but my father's 73' chevy something having it) Yet its 2013 and UPS still has vehicles in its fleet with no power steering.

Nobody in the general public would believe this story if I told it to them. What an emarassment for the company.

Hellio

Wow......there is nothing wrong in using your two 8 hr requests every month just to use them. EVERYONE should....that's why we have them. What would really force them to add more routes is if EVERYONE took their full lunch. I have been told by our dispatcher that if everyone did take thier full lunch they would have to add routes because all the business stops wouldn't get delivered.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not doing that to the driver ups is by failing to plan. Everyone should take all their 8.0 every month need them or not. If u have a problem working 11 hours then get on the 9.5 list. There is no reason to be mad at a driver for using his 8.0.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You like to use your 8 hour requests just to use them because its your contractual right and not because you need to get out in 8 hours to see your kids ball game, a dentist appointment, etc.? Please forgive me but I think you are selfish. How bad do you screw the driver right next to you in the loop? When the driver next to me in my loop requests 8 hours I get totally screwed. I end up working 11 hours everytime.

Now, if he really needed to get out to actually do something I can live with that. If he does it 2 times a month just because he doesn't feel like working I have a problem with that. Who the hell do you think you are? I'm not talking about contract language and whatever. I'm saying this: how can you do that to a fellow driver with a clear conscious? Whats right is right. You're the "B" driver working 8 hours and the "C" driver is working 11 just so you can go home and read a magazine and scratch your genetials?

Why not just be a MAN and work your shift instead of screwing your fellow employees? Why be a total wus bag and wine "I don't want my overtime 2 days per month"?

This job requires overtime every day and its what you signed up for. Its what I signed up. When I go into UPS its for the entire day.

If you have something to do then its ok, but to just do it because you can is wrong in my humble opinion.

You're just screwing the guys you work with and go to battle with. And if you think your and 3 other 8 hour letters are going to force them to add another route, think again.
wow you sure told me!
slowclap.gif

Deck Dog

Yesterday morning, I was put on a rental with 65 Commercial stops, finished that by 12, then jumped on another sitting route with 250 stops on it, had a helper for 9 hours. It really is poor planning, and I dont understand. They are cutting routes on a daily basis, but hey atleast we all have jobs that pay well. Its not all bad its just frustrating. We all have families and its hard to be away from them every night of the week but ill just call myself santa and ride my paycheck out. I think they need to do a better job recruiting helpers, we had a guy that they couldnt even order pants for he was so large.