How is that recorded?

srvhero

"leastbest"
Let's say you have a package that is loaded on the package car and looks like its been through the "gates of hell", and very well could be damaged. (far-fetched,...I know). Instead of delivering, you bring the package back to bldg so the clerk can re-box. How do you guys record such package. Dmg, Fut del,... I have been told both. What is CORRECT way to record?

SWORDFISH

Let's say you have a package that is loaded on the package car and looks like its been through the "gates of hell", and very well could be damaged. (far-fetched,...I know). Instead of delivering, you bring the package back to bldg so the clerk can re-box. How do you guys record such package. Dmg, Fut del,... I have been told both. What is CORRECT way to record?

We are told to record it as missed put damaged in the commments box and give it to the clerk. If your asking for advise on what to do I would call your OCS and ask him what he wants you to do. Always better off throwing the ball in there court so you cant be held responsible.

Here we have to call in that package for instructions on what to do, and they change everytime. I usually just took it back in an let the clerks handle the recording. LOL, @ asking an OCS, if you have three OCSs you will get three different answers.

old levi's

blank space
we have been told to record as**** refused/did not want**** and then write damaged on the pkg. and bring it back. I know exactly where you are going to ask so don't bother asking. I work as directed.

tracker2762

Bring it back, don't sheet it... This way you don't get credit for the stop

That' why it should be recorded as missed as it doesn't count as a stop. Let sup know your intentions first.

If you didn't attemptr it, it's missed.

As for recording as future that would be fasifying, future is used when the customer wants it delivered on a future date.

over9five

Staff member
So many different answers. Shouldn't there be ONE correct way to do this????

I honestly can't remember how I used to do this. Is there a "other non-delivery - damaged" option?

old levi's

blank space

I honestly can't remember how I used to do this. Is there a "other non-delivery - damaged" option?

It's an option, but can't be used because someone might discover that we have damaged a pkg. and then (wait for it) told the truth.

Here they don't want us recording anything as damaged before we know for sure the contents are damaged, the DIAD doesn't have an option for box damaged, contents OK or repack.
I'm sure this is because the exceptions show when tracking and they don't want the customer to see "Damaged" associated with their package until it is proven that it is indeed damaged.

over9five

Staff member
Here they don't want us recording anything as damaged before we know for sure the contents are damaged, the DIAD doesn't have an option for box damaged, contents OK or repack.
I'm sure this is because the exceptions show when tracking and they don't want the customer to see "Damaged" associated with their package until it is proven that it is indeed damaged.

And that makes perfect sense.
But then, how should the package be sheeted? I have heard many times "Everything on your truck MUST be scanned", so I would imagine bringing it back to the clerk unscanned is not the right thing to do?

old levi's

blank space
And that makes perfect sense.
But then, how should the package be sheeted? I have heard many times "Everything on your truck MUST be scanned", so I would imagine bringing it back to the clerk unscanned is not the right thing to do?

Every pkg. must be sheeted except those that mgmt. doesn't want sheeted. I work as directed.

over9five

Staff member
Every pkg. must be sheeted except those that mgmt. doesn't want sheeted. I work as directed.

As would I.

But now we have a customer tracking a package that is never scanned. (Or not until the clerk scans it, maybe at 11pm). The customer is pissed, calls UPS, but at 5pm, the call center knows nothing either. Has to be a way for the driver to record it so someone tracking it during normal business hours can track it.