How long before I start as a driver helper?

floatsmyboat

So I recently got hired as a driver helper, my orientation was last Friday and I haven't been called out yet so I'm just curious as to when I can expect to receive that call. Do any of you drivers have helpers with you yet or is it too early in the season? Also any advice/tips for when I do start would be appreciated!

S

serenity now

So I recently got hired as a driver helper, my orientation was last Friday and I haven't been called out yet so I'm just curious as to when I can expect to receive that call. Do any of you drivers have helpers with you yet or is it too early in the season? Also any advice/tips for when I do start would be appreciated!

stay off cell phone

gingerkat

It could be a few days before the center calls you. Just keep your cell phone handy and be ready with pen and paper. I know you get a little "itchy" waiting to be called, but they'll call. They have orientation going on all the time and trying to get the one's before us out.

Mine was on Thursday and I got called on yesterday with my drivers name, place to meet and time. Normally I would go and find that place so I know where it's at so I am not late, but I already know exactly where it's at. Make sure you write the info down and READ IT BACK to the person on the phone and if you're unsure ask for the cross street. There is no harm asking questions.

barnyard

KTM rider
That would have been a fantastic question to ask at orientation.

How the hell is a bunch of strangers on a message board supposed to know when a helper would start for who knows where?????

Why are noobs allowed to start threads??????????

floatsmyboat

That would have been a fantastic question to ask at orientation.

How the hell is a bunch of strangers on a message board supposed to know when a helper would start for who knows where?????

Why are noobs allowed to start threads??????????

I actually did ask this question at orientation but I wasn't given a straight answer so I posted this thread in hopes of getting a better answer, possibly from a driver who has experience with this.

floatsmyboat

Also, should I be expecting a call throughout the entire day or will the only time I'll be receiving a call be in the morning before 10:00 am?
(Sorry about all the questions, I just want to know what to expect)