How long did it take to get to feeders

rkctkc

I have been here a big ol whopping 6 years and went part time cover driver after 2 years, full time early this year, and then to feeders 3 months ago. Just curious as to how long the average wait was?

brett636

My wait was about 10 years. Other buildings with different seniority rules and available work can make that wait much longer. Lately though anyone who is willing to try to get into feeders can with all the hiring taking place over the last 4 years at my location.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
At my center they didn't hire anyone for about 5 years. This year they hired 30 drivers

Overpaid Union Thug

In the locals that have the extended centers and hubs on one seniority list it's pretty quick lately. In the locals where each individual building has its own seniority list the wait is even longer for both the hubs and and extended centers. Especially the extended centers.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have been here a big ol whopping 6 years and went part time cover driver after 2 years, full time early this year, and then to feeders 3 months ago. Just curious as to how long the average wait was?

Normally it takes 10-20 years (or more) in the hubs but this year has been crazy. Some locals have one combined seniority list so the extended center employees get some of that action too. In locals that don't (such as mine) the extended centers are left out even though some of that work is actually in those center's area of operations. Most of us extended center guys/gals will never get into feeders. For example: my center only has one feeder run. That's due to us having a spineless center manager and a politically driven local that allows the hub to absorb feeder work from the extended centers but not the other way around. Hubs across the country (and certain extended centers) are experiencing earlier pushes into feeders this year. So, right now the hubs are the best place to be because the hiring frenzy for feeders has moved plenty of people up from package and that drastically reduced the wait times for full-time package in the hubs in addition to what happening in feeders. Once things settle down the extremely long wait times for package and feeders will be back in the hubs.

gottogo

Took me 18 years,then the next 8 went back and forth from feeder to package. I think this will be my first year after 26 years of being in feeder full time.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just under 8 years. 2.5 Part time, 5.5 in Package, and 2.5 months in feeders :)

LOTS of off the street and guys who went PT to Feeders (jumped right over delivery). When I went into feeders I was number 110 on the q list, and there were maybe 120 Q listers. Now there are about 160, all of them falling under me.

It's crazy

Overpaid Union Thug

Just under 8 years. 2.5 Part time, 5.5 in Package, and 2.5 months in feeders :)

LOTS of off the street and guys who went PT to Feeders (jumped right over delivery). When I went into feeders I was number 110 on the q list, and there were maybe 120 Q listers. Now there are about 160, all of them falling under me.

It's crazy
Its a crying shame when people are hired off the street instead of union employees from neighboring buildings.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Here they have been having people get hire, put in their 30 days, sign the list and be immediately pulled out to Feeder school. Insta-fatty!!!!

govols019

You smell that?
Normally it takes 10-20 years (or more) in the hubs but this year has been crazy. Some locals have one combined seniority list so the extended center employees get some of that action too. In locals that don't (such as mine) the extended centers are left out even though some of that work is actually in those center's area of operations. Most of us extended center guys/gals will never get into feeders. For example: my center only has one feeder run. That's due to us having a spineless center manager and a politically driven local that allows the hub to absorb feeder work from the extended centers but not the other way around. Hubs across the country (and certain extended centers) are experiencing earlier pushes into feeders this year. So, right now the hubs are the best place to be because the hiring frenzy for feeders has moved plenty of people up from package and that drastically reduced the wait times for full-time package in the hubs in addition to what happening in feeders. Once things settle down the extremely long wait times for package and feeders will be back in the hubs.

Did you leave the hub to go to the center you are in now?

jaker

trolling
You know I don't know if this thread is a slap in the face or just how different it is across the country with ups

But right now it's a slap in the face , in our district it takes around 13 to 15 years driving to get into feeder

Right now the hired date they are at is 98 and below

govols019

You smell that?
Our extended center is the same...the earliest hire date in 1999.

In the Oakhaven Hub there are people who were still in their 30 days who made it to Feeders. Going directly into Feeders still doesn't offset having to live in Memphis.

Overpaid Union Thug

Did you leave the hub to go to the center you are in now?
Yes, I transferred (educational) a long time ago. It made sense at the time because I, unlike everyone else that transferred here, actually went to college. Who would have thought that deciding to go to college would end up costing me my shot at feeders? But then again......at the time I didn't really consider UPS a career.