How long did it take you to make your 30 days?

U

uber

Was it 30 consecutive? Or was it 30 dispersed through a couple months? I'm on day 8 out of 10 since I went driving. Got word today that they didn't have me drive the past couple days because of the Hurricane and volume being down because of it.

Brokedownandbrown

Are you package driver,or cover?

Cover works when they need you. You have 90 days to get 30 for seniority.

Full time works before cover, make sure that no cover is working.

U

uber

So you guys are all saying that getting laid off during pre-seniority is normal. But none of you were ever laid off for days during your pre-seniority?

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is normal, but we must have gone when there was the volume. We have had casuals working preload for the past couple months. One of my best friends went to driver school 3 weeks ago, and still hasn't driven. She's on Metro, though. I told her to go in every morning and let them see your face. They will ask you to work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's been 23 years so my memory is a little fuzzy but I know that it was not 30 consecutive days. I had a side job delivering auto parts and they knew that UPS was first and that I would work for them when UPS did not need me. It was only after a month or so that I quit the auto parts job. I was lucky in that I was hired during a period of growth within UPS.

UPSGUY72

Are you package driver,or cover?

Cover works when they need you. You have 90 days to get 30 for seniority.

Full time works before cover, make sure that no cover is working.

That depends on your location. In my area cover drivers are FT drivers and are guaranteed 8 hrs a day just like any other driver they just don't have a bid route they cover or run split routes.

U

uber

I accidentally didn't sheet a NDA during pickups last Thursday. They called me into the office Friday morning and I thought for sure they were going to send me back to the hub.