How long did you wait to get your appointment?

Hello all, I'm looking to get a job as a night shift package handler at the New Orleans hub. I completed my application over three weeks ago, And when i try to schedule an appointment I get this message "There are no more appointments available.". I called the HR to that hub and they said they are not actively recruiting at this time. Now I've heard its a long process, but I'm just wondering how long some of y'all had to wait.

Thanks

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i was working within two weeks of applying

if you don't get hired, they're not supposed to tell you, due to liability issues, so don't bother the HR guy too much

Hello all, I'm looking to get a job as a night shift package handler at the New Orleans hub. I completed my application over three weeks ago, And when i try to schedule an appointment I get this message "There are no more appointments available.". I called the HR to that hub and they said they are not actively recruiting at this time. Now I've heard its a long process, but I'm just wondering how long some of y'all had to wait.

Thanks
Ten years

ocnewguy

it took me over a month from signing my name on a paper at a job fair and making an appointment to getting hired. in the meantime i got tours of 2 different hubs, got tossed around between the two it seemed like almost daily, with each one alternating on upsjobs.com from having openings to not having openings. your results may vary.

Macbrother

Really it all depends on the hubs and their needs. Our entire preload is down about 3 people now, so if you applied today you'd get called tomorrow. Other centers may need no one. Keep applying every month. Also, peak is just around the corner, you are almost sure to get a call back then; even though you're seasonal, if you bust your ass management may decide to keep you come new year.

A few years ago we had one guy apply every month for 9 months before he finally got on. Now, why someone would want to join UPS that badly, I don't know. But if you are determined, you will get on.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's UPS. You can realistically interview 14 people a day. IE plans 17 a day. The center manager plans 20 and blames IE if the plan fails.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hey I was in my fortys and friends with the HR sup ( she was my wife's boss) and and it took me two months . She did not think I would make it . I been here 15 years!!! LOL