How long until vested?

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I am a part time employee. I possibly have another job offer in the next week. I have a little over 9 years. Are PT's vested at 10 years or 8?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am a part time employee. I possibly have another job offer in the next week. I have a little over 9 years. Are PT's vested at 10 years or 8?

This will depend upon your pension plan and will vary from region to region. Here in Upstate NY it is 5 years.

If you are contemplating job offers I have to assume that you do not intend to make UPS your career. If this is the case, your pension at this point is not significant enough to impact your decision on accepting that job offer.

bluehdmc

definetly get the withdrawal card. Even if you don't go return to UPS, but you end up at some time in another teamster shop, you won't have to pay the inititiaon fee. I was in another teamsters local before UPS, when I came here they took the initiation fees out, then I had to send either my current local or the old one a transfer fee. Then the UPS local refunded my initation fee less 3 mo (I think) dues. A withdrawal card cost about 5 or 10 dollars.

JonFrum

definetly get the withdrawal card. Even if you don't go return to UPS, but you end up at some time in another teamster shop, you won't have to pay the inititiaon fee. I was in another teamsters local before UPS, when I came here they took the initiation fees out, then I had to send either my current local or the old one a transfer fee. Then the UPS local refunded my initation fee less 3 mo (I think) dues. A withdrawal card cost about 5 or 10 dollars.
The IBT Constitution limits the maximum charge for a Withdrawal Card to 50 cents, ("fitty" for you younger members.) Some Locals don't charge anything.