How many here are in "Bonus" Centers?

hdkappler

:happy2:
I am in one and wish we would vote it out tomorrow
:happy-very:i'am with you.before i retired i wish they would get rid of bonus.drivers get done at 5:00.they aren't giving service we use .tell a nda customer they won't wait.have flag pick ups.even sign for there customers.

Dustyroads

Everyone keeps talking about skipping lunch and break. That's not really how drivers are making two or three hours bonus every day. Do the math. I'm sure we all know what is going on and what games are being played. The fact is, no one really wants to scrutinize those drivers pulling in 3 hours of bonus a day, because they are making the center look good.

Re-Raise

We have a bonus driver at our center who likes to say "if the truck isn't moving I'm not getting paid".

I think we all know most bonus comes from miles.... very fast miles..

As a stockholder I don't see how anything that bonus drivers do help the company.

Working with drivers like UpsDriver88 is why a lot of drivers would like to vote bonus out.

yeldarb

Let's see at $29.155 an hour for straight time that is $1166.20 per week.

For 52 weeks that is $ 60642.24 for a year.

If a driver really made over $100,000 he would have to make over
$39357.76 in overtime and bonus at $ 43.732 an hour.

That means he would have to average over 17.31 hours of overtime and bonus a week. Roughly 11.46 dispatch on average every day.

This doesn't include vacation days, optional days or holidays which would mean the dispatch would have to be higher to compensate for these 8 hr paid days.

It doesn't happen where I am at , but hey it is his story and he can tell it how he wants.
We have a driver who is at 102k right now. He goes for 60 hours a week, and he gets about 10 hours bonus a week. We have several over 90k.

Upsdriver88

We have a driver who is at 102k right now. He goes for 60 hours a week, and he gets about 10 hours bonus a week. We have several over 90k.

Don't say that around here, you'll get accused of no customer service or making other drivers "look bad". It's ok for them to talk junk about you for having a sense of urgency, but don't question people who hate the bonus. Just say an "honest day's work for a honest day's pay" and continue to make the bonus the naysayers can't.

Dustyroads

I guess there are some people who believe that legitimagely a person can be 3 or 4 hours underallowed, just by "hustling". We have drivers who routinely go around and raid accounts where there are lots of smalls or docks where the customer has a couple guys helping load. And, I think we all know the effect of taking the long way home. One day when I was off work I happened to be on the big Interstate Loop that goes around the city where our center is located. I drove the loop and saw three package cars out hauling ***** somewhere. I'm happy for all of the guys that are making the 100K. I don't really need it. I recall in our center when bonus was voted out about 15 years ago, those guys who had the 100K lifestyle were really hurting, some of em were even working past 5 pm. After about 5 years of no bonus, they finally got enough people to sign the petition to vote again, and it came back. I'm so surprised that the company hasn't axed the program, considering the cuts that management has had to take.

hdkappler

Everyone keeps talking about skipping lunch and break. That's not really how drivers are making two or three hours bonus every day. Do the math. I'm sure we all know what is going on and what games are being played. The fact is, no one really wants to scrutinize those drivers pulling in 3 hours of bonus a day, because they are making the center look good.
:happy2:2:happy2:bonus drivers 1.work in there trucks at least one hour prior to start.2.prerecord there packages.3.drive around the block twice.4.on friday'sthrow misloads in with pickups.5.del nda'shave shipper sign.then sign for ground then stop complete later in the day.6.sign for customers packages so they don't have to wait.(del notice)7.make pickups earlier than 2:30.then someone else has to break off area to do there pickups.so they can go home.8.they aren't giving there customers good service.9.skipp lunch.this is what it was with some of the drivers in my center before i retired.get rid of the bonus.:smart::peaceful:

some1else

Banned
for me it depends on route im on. if i know i can bonus over 1.5hrs ill skip lunch. if i know i can come in 30minutes early to sort my load and bonus an extra .75 plus get the 8hr gaurantee on top i do that too.

if im on a route that i cant make over 1hr i take my full lunch, and dont get on the slide till start time...

we have drivers bid on routes specificly b/c they have great plans. literally two routes both 180 stops same mileage one you can finish under 8hrs with a ~10hr plan for 2hrs bonus. the other same 180 stops you can finish in 8hrs with an 8.5hr plan; or sit out until 9.5 and come in 1hr over and get harrased.

Re-Raise

Don't say that around here, you'll get accused of no customer service or making other drivers "look bad". It's ok for them to talk junk about you for having a sense of urgency, but don't question people who hate the bonus. Just say an "honest day's work for a honest day's pay" and continue to make the bonus the naysayers can't.

Again I will ask as a stockholder, not as a 25 yr employee. Why would I want UPS to pay their drivers to drive as fast as possible , driver release packages as quickly as possible, and be as impatient as possible to our paying customers? And then pay them to sit at home.

I understand that at the wages we make the company probably should hold us to certain production guidlines. But why would the company want to dispatch drivers at 11.5 to 12 hour days only to see them cut every corner possible.

Wouldn't it be better for the company I own stock in to have the drivers perform their duties in a professional and safe manner.

Maybe even taking the time to answer a customer question or bag their packages in bad weather.

I think some bonus drivers, like the ones posting here, are very shortsighted and selfish and it hurts our company in the long run.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I work in a bonus center and I love it. Most importantly my pocket book loves it. Bonus is a funny thing that for the most part makes you not only work faster then you might otherwise, but you find yourself looking for more work to add to your bonus. I drive almost 200 miles a day pull a TP60 to a satelite and I have roughly 150 to 170 stops a day. I also have 14 pickups that take roughly an hour to do but are located at the beginning part of my route so Im forced to drive over 10 miles to get to them. All this adds up real fast. My paid day on average is between 11.5 and 12.5 hours. When Im on vacation or am sick they are forced to take roughly 40% of my route off do to the fact that the cover drivers cant do the route the way it is.
Now with that all said here is the bad thing about bonus, if you bonus over 2 hours a day in my region your name gets put on a report and sent to the higher ups in San Fransisco. They start going through your numbers trying to see if your cheating. I once was called into an office to speak with some Region tie and he said we cant figure out why your bonusing so much we have gone through the last month of your numbers looking for padded miles, padded stops, padded over 70's and basically anything else that they could attribute to my numbers. I was beyond upset, I felt like I just had gotten punched in the gut. Your brought up in this company to work and work hard which is exactly what I do, I felt betrayed to put it bluntly.
Well they then proceeded to ride with me for 5 days, end result I was proven RIGHT! I have supposedly been put on some exemption list so that now when I bonus they apparently say oh its this guy again, well he really earns it.
Funny thing is that after this all took place the shop steward came up to me and asked if I would support a campaign to remove the bonus from our building, I said no. I was proven right and I wouldnt want someone else to miss out on the bonus they are earning cause of my headache.

Overpaid Union Thug

UPSDriver88 is one of those guys that rakes in the bonus and loves the high fives he gets from management for "a job well done." The look on this type of driver's face once he gets injured on the job or laid off (due to him and his follow bonus babies running themselves out of their own jobs) is priceless. The high fives stop once those things happen. Young and dumb comes to mind.

bumped

I've been in a bonus center, and I've been in a non bonus center. There really is no difference. The runners will get done early with or without bonus.

Highwayman

The real problem with the bonus babies is when they can't do it physically any more they come to feeders with that run and gun attitude.:sad-very:

Re-Raise

I work in a bonus center and I love it. Most importantly my pocket book loves it. Bonus is a funny thing that for the most part makes you not only work faster then you might otherwise, but you find yourself looking for more work to add to your bonus. I drive almost 200 miles a day pull a TP60 to a satelite and I have roughly 150 to 170 stops a day. I also have 14 pickups that take roughly an hour to do but are located at the beginning part of my route so Im forced to drive over 10 miles to get to them. All this adds up real fast. My paid day on average is between 11.5 and 12.5 hours. When Im on vacation or am sick they are forced to take roughly 40% of my route off do to the fact that the cover drivers cant do the route the way it is.
Now with that all said here is the bad thing about bonus, if you bonus over 2 hours a day in my region your name gets put on a report and sent to the higher ups in San Fransisco. They start going through your numbers trying to see if your cheating. I once was called into an office to speak with some Region tie and he said we cant figure out why your bonusing so much we have gone through the last month of your numbers looking for padded miles, padded stops, padded over 70's and basically anything else that they could attribute to my numbers. I was beyond upset, I felt like I just had gotten punched in the gut. Your brought up in this company to work and work hard which is exactly what I do, I felt betrayed to put it bluntly.
Well they then proceeded to ride with me for 5 days, end result I was proven RIGHT! I have supposedly been put on some exemption list so that now when I bonus they apparently say oh its this guy again, well he really earns it.
Funny thing is that after this all took place the shop steward came up to me and asked if I would support a campaign to remove the bonus from our building, I said no. I was proven right and I wouldnt want someone else to miss out on the bonus they are earning cause of my headache.

I had 200 miles and 130 stops with 15 pickups on Friday and it won't be over 9.5. I am guessing your time must be affectd by pulling the pup to the satellite.

We used to have a route with a double trip where you returned to the building and switched trucks that was always easy to bonus on.

I don't have a problem with what someone else makes. I just think most drivers I know who only care about how fast they can get done come off as jerks to the paying customers and are more likely to have accidents and injuries.

screamin chicken

Again I will ask as a stockholder, not as a 25 yr employee. Why would I want UPS to pay their drivers to drive as fast as possible , driver release packages as quickly as possible, and be as impatient as possible to our paying customers? And then pay them to sit at home.

I understand that at the wages we make the company probably should hold us to certain production guidlines. But why would the company want to dispatch drivers at 11.5 to 12 hour days only to see them cut every corner possible.

Wouldn't it be better for the company I own stock in to have the drivers perform their duties in a professional and safe manner.

Maybe even taking the time to answer a customer question or bag their packages in bad weather.

I think some bonus drivers, like the ones posting here, are very shortsighted and selfish and it hurts our company in the long run.

I can only speak for myself and tell you I do my job the way it's suppose to be done, dr back door if neede, bag with DR bags, answers questions if needed, and I still run under everyday so as a stock holder go get a LIFE.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can only speak for myself and tell you I do my job the way it's supposed to be done, dr back door if needed, bag with DR bags, answers questions if needed, and I still run under everyday so as a stock holder you should rest assured that I am doing the job to the best of my ability while taking care of the customer (and banking some Benjamins:wink2:).