How many here are in "Bonus" Centers?

feeder

Central Pa Member
I work in a bldg. of 4 centers.. 3 of the centers are bonus..Not mine(Thank god!) You can always tell if a driver is a bonus driver when he walks in the bldg. He/She are the ones Not Carrying a lunch bucket...

Runners get all my extra work and I think it's great.

I've had bonus babies threaten me physically over the work that gets pulled from my route. It's comical. Center level management will always look the other way for bonus babies. Watch out when a division or district manager catches these people in the act -- heads roll. Corporate does not want anyone making over an hour bonus and they don't want anyone over 1hr overallowed. Anyone who falls outside those 2 hash-marks has a huge bullseye on their forehead in 2010. We've had several bonus drivers fired (got job back) this year for stuff that they used to get away with. They got caught doing it by people way above the center level though. The overallowed crowd is being targeted in a BIG, BIG way in our local this year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I work in a bldg. of 4 centers.. 3 of the centers are bonus..Not mine(Thank god!) You can always tell if a driver is a bonus driver when he walks in the bldg. He/She are the ones Not Carrying a lunch bucket...

...this may not always be the case. I go home for my meal break and bring my lunch bucket in with me so I don't have to carry it back to my car when I punch out. Yes, I eat as I am working and take my meal break to relax.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are but it's almost impossible to get it anymore since I go out with 160-185 daily now, so I just stay out and get 10 hrs. a week OT, good for them....

There is no point in trying to earn bonus. I had a driver tell me that on the last paycheck the bonus was 18$. 1 hr of over time is more than twice that. The numbers don't jive. Personally, I could care less about bonus. I'm not going to skip my lunch and breaks to try and get it.

Re-Raise

We are but it's almost impossible to get it anymore since I go out with 160-185 daily now, so I just stay out and get 10 hrs. a week OT, good for them....

Another legend falls....

Whenever someone complained about their dispatch at my center I used to tell them about a man named Screaming Chicken who used to provide great customer service while at the same time running bonus with ease..

What will I tell them now ? I am so disillusioned

rocket man

sounds like you dont belive in a contract. we have what kind of bonus do you get when you crash out get hurt. DO you run to the union and say HELP ME I iWASNT honoring the contract i was kissing up to managment now i need you help?

NHDRVR

I just learned what a 'bonus' driver was this year. We don't have anything like it up here. From what I am reading it benefits the company w/drivers that want to go liked a raped ape but this is one of those long-range issues that ends up hurting the driver who's running, the who follows him on the route, and his/her paycheck. UPS preaches safety. (I wish they meant it) So we, as drivers, should hold them to it...

I am not in ANY WAY promoting slowing down as a means to working safe. That isn't my style nor' is it the way most of the drivers I know choose to work. But, I choose to hold UPS to their lip service of...
'stay out of driveways' - I walk a ton of long ones
'use safe walk paths' - I generally stay off of lawns, take stairs, and avoid shortcuts
'good DR's' - Put EVERYTHING in a DR bag, always try to make customer contact 1st, and always fill out a d-note so they know where you left it.

Doing things in this manner is proper, keeps you out of trouble, and gives you OT without raising flags.

BESIDES......

IT WAS THE WAY I AM TOLD TO DO IT DURING THE PCM'S.... DON'T FRIGGIN' CHANGE IT JUST BECAUSE OF A OJS.....

bustrbrn1840

If your in a bonus center and you know how to run your trip because you have been on it long enough. Plus your allowances/standards are good for that trip according to UPS. Why not take the extra money if your plan day is higher then your actual, as long as your still getting your lunch and break in; and not working like a lunatic. Bonus is no good for guys that pawn off their work to their fellow drivers, so they can skip their lunch and break, run like hell, break all the rules,safety and procedures; all to get in by 8.00 hours or less to make 2-3 hours of bonus while some other poor slob is out there forever running half of their work.

ups2000

i ran 6 hours under one day. well didnt run picked up 2500 smalls. and they took all the bonus away.wish they would just get rid of the bonus thing. some routes get bonus everyday and dont do jack as far as work then some you do 20 stops an hour and run over by a hour.

some1else

Banned
Our 100 driver center has seen a bonus crackdown. Im a cover driver and always try to run the route same as the bid driver (within reason). There used to be a few where the bid driver would skip lunch get in around 4 and bonus 2.5hrs. When i covered i would do the same. However as previous posts mentioned anyone under by more than 1.5hrs has a bullseye. Nowthose routes are finished at 9.499 by the bid drivers and i do the same. Lunch,break and GOOD DR--which is how bonus is made "bad dr!".

Out of those 100routes 3years ago there where About 20 making 1hour or more bonus. Today there are 2 and both guys have personal situstions that they have to get off and just deal with dis ipline for not following methods.

Ill admit running the same route and staying out till 7 instead of 4 mAkes a much easier and relaxing day. Need 10minutes to write a cod? Go for it i have to sit around for 3 hours anyway.

lvgolfer962

i ran 6 hours under one day. well didnt run picked up 2500 smalls. and they took all the bonus away.wish they would just get rid of the bonus thing. some routes get bonus everyday and dont do jack as far as work then some you do 20 stops an hour and run over by a hour.

sounds like my center, if you get to much they take it away. there's a few routes that are set up right, but for the most part its a joke. i cover an oldtimers rte a bunch and used to be able to get an hour bonus every day with 135 stops. now with a few more stops and getting done in the same amount of time i get beat by 50-60 clicks hmmmmmm?
but the sups swear that nothings changes with the time allowances BULLS--T