How Many Packages get Processed Daily at a UPS Store?

Floop

Hi all, I tried searching for this question here but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it's already been answered.

I'm wondering what the number of package dropoffs is that an average UPS Store receives per day. Also, from what I've read online, the average commission for each processed package is ~$1. Does that sound correct? Thanks in advance!

Floop

Gotcha. Thanks. Would you be able to point me in the right direction? Been challenging for me to find this info by searching on Google.

542thruNthru

Gotcha. Thanks. Would you be able to point me in the right direction? Been challenging for me to find this info by searching on Google.

It would all depend on location. I've done pick ups from at least 8 UPS Stores and none are the same.

One is so bad that they were allowed to ship and receive FedEx packages.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi all, I tried searching for this question here but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it's already been answered.

I'm wondering what the number of package dropoffs is that an average UPS Store receives per day. Also, from what I've read online, the average commission for each processed package is ~$1. Does that sound correct? Thanks in advance!

Why?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

I used to pickup from one of the biggest revenue stores in the country. He told me shipping paid the overhead but the copying and PO boxes made his real money. I think he also said he got to keep half of the price to ship international packages, which can be a few hundred each.

I remember an article a few years back where one store had like 4,000 PO boxes. I think it was in Tempe, AZ or by ASU.

542thruNthru

All The UPS Stores are allowed to ship via FedEx.
FedEx will not pickup The UPS Store.
I don’t Blame FedEx.

So tell me how every store I've ever delivered to will not accept or ship FedEx.

Then please tell me how if FedEx will not pick up a UPS Store. How is it that this lone store in all of San Diego gets a pick up from FedEx?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
So tell me how every store I've ever delivered to will not accept or ship FedEx.

Then please tell me how if FedEx will not pick up a UPS Store. How is it that this lone store in all of San Diego gets a pick up from FedEx?
It's not true. Part of the new contract allows ups stores to now offer surepost. Their argument was that the could ship fedex smartpost but not ups surepost

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

It's not true. Part of the new contract allows ups stores to now offer surepost. Their argument was that the could ship fedex smartpost but not ups surepost
Silenze - please be more specific as to what "It's not true." refers to.
I was speaking to the contract between UPS and The UPS Store (a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS) and the use of the iShip shipping application which supports multi-carrier shipments.
As a management person at UPS, I never was concerned with the UPS-Teamster contract.

542thruNthru

Silenze - please be more specific as to what "It's not true." refers to.
I was speaking to the contract between UPS and The UPS Store (a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS) and the use of the iShip shipping application which supports multi-carrier shipments.
As a management person at UPS, I never was concerned with the UPS-Teamster contract.

I'm still curious. Think you could answer my questions instead of another teamster hating rant. :)