How many socks?

Cementups

Box Monkey
None. I have a couple pair they gave me. If it has a UPS logo on it, they can furnish it.

I can’t afford ups socks. I just use plain black or brown socks. They need to provide my uniform if they want me to wear ups socks. Anything with a logo is a uniform.

You'll be getting your wish once the new contract goes through. Socks being provided by the company is part of the contract.

Cementups

Box Monkey

It's actually in the contract (previously) that if it is part of the uniform then it should be provided to you. I've had them try and force me to buy socks and I would argue that every time, as per the contract. So now in the 2018 contract, it is actually in there that they will provide them

Indecisi0n

It's actually in the contract (previously) that if it is part of the uniform then it should be provided to you. I've had them try and force me to buy socks and I would argue that every time, as per the contract. So now in the 2018 contract, it is actually in there that they will provide them
So they should also provide a white or brown undershirt ?

Cementups

Box Monkey
So they should also provide a white or brown undershirt ?
No, for that they give you an option so it's up to you to choose and purchase. But when they say you have to wear a particular garment then it is to be provided.
Back in the day they used to say that you had to wear black or brown socks but you had the option so you could buy what you want. You could even buy socks with the old emblem. And they sucked. In the last decade or so they have tried to make a push on forcing us to wear the logo socks and the new contract can make it so they are provided as they are the only option. But if you wear long pants, then by all means, wear what you want.

You'll be getting your wish once the new contract goes through. Socks being provided by the company is part of the contract.
Check your state law. Some require the employer to provide employee uniforms. And define what a uniform is. Here, anything with a company logo is considered a uniform. So I don’t wear ups socks unless they are given to me.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Where have you read that ?

Nothing in Article 42 of the Master has changed.... and I don't see where it was

addressed in any of the Supplements or Riders.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2019-3-17_13-33-2.png

Robretro

I bought 3 pairs and the shipping and tax doubled the price. That’s a whole day preload pay lol. Since I drive once in a blue moon, they might last me 10 years. Thanks.