How much heat do you guys get when you call in??

Hedley_Lamarr

Call in sick?? What's that?? I went in this morning and was told I'm over. I hate that sheet. I drive all the way there and am told to go home...

thebrownbox

I got sick yesterday.. well it more like I woke up sick and throwing up... left for work and figured I would be fine when I arrived... boy was I wrong... I was throwing up about every 15 min for about 4 times before they decided to let me go home... I hardly ever miss days.. I have all my sick days but I feel I might get grief if I use any of them

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm free, I'm free at last I'm free. I don't have to go back to work until Aug 4. My conscience got the better of me tonight, though. Damn, I hate it when that happens. I called and told my nite sup that I would be gone the rest of the week and to please leave a note for the morning sup. Why, I don't know. The DM should notify his mgt team that I am going to panel. But I always worry about doing the right thing. LOL

cegeiger1981

i just call in when all i get is a machine. that's like directly between shifts... :)

but one time i did get really graphic too and everyone lol. they all knew i was really playing around and I took the day off... i did get some crap when i came back the next day.. but it was funny!! :o

W

westsideworma

I got sick yesterday.. well it more like I woke up sick and throwing up... left for work and figured I would be fine when I arrived... boy was I wrong... I was throwing up about every 15 min for about 4 times before they decided to let me go home... I hardly ever miss days.. I have all my sick days but I feel I might get grief if I use any of them

I was like that before, when I was legitimately sick I got tons of crap the next day...after that, I didn't worry about the grief. It was gone lol. If you're legit sick, then you should stay at home, for your health and the health of your coworkers. Especially with the heat being the way has here in the NE lately. I've been working sick all week and I've really wanted to call in, but I know how crappy our staffing has been and I like my FTimer (the one I directly report to) and don't want to screw him, so I've stuck it out, was as pale as a ghost I was told yesterday by one of my loaders.

thebrownbox

I was like that before, when I was legitimately sick I got tons of crap the next day...after that, I didn't worry about the grief. It was gone lol. If you're legit sick, then you should stay at home, for your health and the health of your coworkers. Especially with the heat being the way has here in the NE lately. I've been working sick all week and I've really wanted to call in, but I know how crappy our staffing has been and I like my FTimer (the one I directly report to) and don't want to screw him, so I've stuck it out, was as pale as a ghost I was told yesterday by one of my loaders.

well I went back today and I got no crap from anyone.. people who I thought did not know about it knew.. :surprised: the mall driver asked me if I was ok since he saw the speedy dry by his door (sorry) I was hoping to try and get as much as the bulk stops in that day since I knew it was going to be heavy.. so the next day I called in saying I was unable to make it and my preload supervisor understood. I just know also it's been short staffed around here too.. finally I think we might have a guy to stay on the belts to help after one just pretty much never showed up for work the next day.

Pip

Have never called in sick. I don't think there would be a big deal made if I did. About the only thing I use my sick days for is when the catfish fever sets in, then the only cure i know is to head down below DC out on the water for a day. I think my supervisors know sometimes it's just nice to get a day off and get away from the everyday hassles of work, and regroup so to speak. A 3 or 4 day weekend usually does the trick for getting over the catfish fever.:happy-very: