How ripped can you get on preload

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
photo+(1).JPG

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'm starting to develop some guns.
5 hours of slinging 40 lb packages with one hand like a gorilla every morning.
Thinking about asking for a couple more trucks just to see what my final form looks like.
on a real note the gains go away or at least slow down because your body and work style adapt to the point that it is cardio and no longer builds extra muscle. Arms and legs grow disproportionately from the middle of the body so I would add the lats, obliques, upper and maybe a bit of lower abdominals at the gym if you are looking for decent swimsuit photos.

Or you could deadlift all the irregs and see how fast you get injured.

Superteeth2478

I wouldn't count on it. General labor will never get you as shredded as a targeted workout.
This. It's a completely different kind of "workout". It really tears your body down more than it works it up.

On the flip side, the strength you gain on the preload is a different kind of strength. There are girls (and guys, obviously) that lift heavy packages without too much effort on the preload but if they tried to do a bodybuilding lift without having worked out a day in their lives they wouldn't be able to lift much. And the opposite is true, there are people who are legitimately strong outside of work because of weightlifting who will struggle the first couple of weeks on the preload until they build up "that" strength (whatever that is).

PT Car Washer

This. It's a completely different kind of "workout". It really tears your body down more than it works it up.

On the flip side, the strength you gain on the preload is a different kind of strength. There are girls (and guys, obviously) that lift heavy packages without too much effort on the preload but if they tried to do a bodybuilding lift without having worked out a day in their lives they wouldn't be able to lift much. And the opposite is true, there are people who are legitimately strong outside of work because of weightlifting who will struggle the first couple of weeks on the preload until they build up "that" strength (whatever that is).
I have noticed over the years that the big muscle, football player type guys always seem to struggle while the skinnier guys and gals seem to excel. We have a 5 ft, 110 lb, 50 year old Asian lady that out loads just about anyone else in the building. I have worked next to woman in the sort aisle that were 8 months pregnant and still did their share.

Package Stick

"Send it."
The goal is to do the least amount of work, for the most amount of money.

Work is not to get "swole brah", it's to earn money. One of our older PTers (30+ years) told me they don't work here for money, or rather care about the money, they work to provide a service. Quit writing down your times and making sure you're paid right hahaha.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You want to get pumped up fast ?
Do your work like we did back in the 70's-80's.
Pick off feeders using a pole hanging between the door frame, that held a long flat board which reached to the built in center rollers, which were so dented that they never turned right. You had to load every parcel onto the board and push. This is back in the day where picking off meant also reading the labels as they moved along the belt, no pals. As the shift picked up speed, you had to stack up that board and physically push hard just to get it to move. If you had your own loader you were very lucky. Otherwise you had to wait until a shared loader found the time to move over to help you. I worked for years on a belt that had 4 feeders and only 3 people to do the workload. I would be jumping in & out of feeders all shift long.

PT Car Washer

You want to get pumped up fast ?
Do your work like we did back in the 70's-80's.
Pick off feeders using a pole hanging between the door frame, that held a long flat board which reached to the built in center rollers, which were so dented that they never turned right. You had to load every parcel onto the board and push. This is back in the day where picking off meant also reading the labels as they moved along the belt, no pals. As the shift picked up speed, you had to stack up that board and physically push hard just to get it to move. If you had your own loader you were very lucky. Otherwise you had to wait until a shared loader found the time to move over to help you. I worked for years on a belt that had 4 feeders and only 3 people to do the workload. I would be jumping in & out of feeders all shift long.
You forgot to mention the 50lb weight limit and hardly no irregs.