How to File Grievances w/o Steward?

Dangler

Banned
In my center we have 3 Stewards. 2 of the 3 are major Runner-Gunners (regularly 150-200 clicks under) that often trash the slower Drivers. I caught one of these guys making some kind of deal with management it looked like, and I also caught him telling the Dispatcher that the Driver next to him doesn’t file 9.5’s so it was okay to screw that Driver every day. Needless to say I avoid these 2 Stewards. Our 3rd Steward is a good guy, but he’s the go-to Steward for a lot of us since the other 2 are so shady and it’s not always easy to find the one good Steward.

Is it out of line to file grievances on my own, and if it’s acceptable to file them on my own, how might I go about doing so?

Thank you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In my center we have 3 Stewards. 2 of the 3 are major Runner-Gunners (regularly 150-200 clicks under) that often trash the slower Drivers. I caught one of these guys making some kind of deal with management it looked like, and I also caught him telling the Dispatcher that the Driver next to him doesn’t file 9.5’s so it was okay to screw that Driver every day. Needless to say I avoid these 2 Stewards. Our 3rd Steward is a good guy, but he’s the go-to Steward for a lot of us since the other 2 are so shady and it’s not always easy to find the one good Steward.

Is it out of line to file grievances on my own, and if it’s acceptable to file them on my own, how might I go about doing so?

Thank you.
Get a pad of grievance forms fill one out 5 copies then all stew has to do is sign and get it to the hall or ask him how to get it to the hall
We use ups house mail and BA picks it everyday

Dangler

Banned
Thanks. I already have a pad of grievances and am filing them and giving them to the good Steward, but not making copies and etc.. Probably will continue to do this but start making the copies myself. I’d do the whole thing myself if the Steward’s signature and disposition were not needed —which is also a huge reason why it’s hard to trust the other Stewards with my grievances.

542thruNthru

Thank you.
This is going to depend on your areas grievance procedures. Some areas you need a steward and some you can file on your own. I would contact your BA or look in your contract at your grievance procedure language.

Dangler

Banned
This is going to depend on your areas grievance procedures. Some areas you need a steward and some you can file on your own. I would contact your BA or look in your contract at your grievance procedure language.
Thank you. Regarding calling the BA, any suggestions how this could be done without snitching on the lousy Stewards?
I kind of want to but don’t need any more problems.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thank you. Regarding calling the BA, any suggestions how this could be done without snitching on the lousy Stewards?
Call the hall and ask to talk to whichever BA handles your building
Steward doesent need to know dick

542thruNthru

Just contact your local ask to speak with the BA. Ask him how filing a grievance works and if you can just file it on your own or do you actually need a steward. You can just say you want to know just in case you're up against the time limit to file a grievance and you can't fine your steward.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Thank you.
So, he was talking with management and you assume he’s cutting deals. Maybe, just maybe, he’s fixing a problem or following up on something? It looked like……Holy Jesus.

Dangler

Banned
Much appreciated
So, he was talking with management and you assume he’s cutting deals. Maybe, just maybe, he’s fixing a problem or following up on something? It looked like……Holy Jesus.
No. He looked like he was making some kind of weird deal, which is why they acted the way they did when I came passing by the same belt they were trying to hide under.

Furthermore, the benefit of the doubt goes to those who have not already tarnished their credibility.

You assume a lot.
Have you ever trashed a fellow Driver to management for working too slow? What about telling your Dispatcher that a fellow Driver wouldn’t file a 9.5 so it was okay to screw him? People that do this don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Become the steward. Simple as.
30887F4C-F088-4DDE-8C36-7407D0D7B89E.jpeg

Or alternatively you could go straight to the BA.