How to get into TSG?

DainGrant

I am a.preloader I have A+ Certification and a Bs. Computer Science how do I get into the TSG Department at UPS? Is it a good job? Whats the starting pay like? Is there room for advancement? All your comments will be greatly appreciated.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Talk to your local HR dept. However, my understanding is that the TSG groups in the districts have been de-skilled and a lot of the work outsourced. The 3 places they really need skilled people is New Jersey (main I.S. facility), Louisville (Airline and Automated Hub) and Atlanta (Corp. HQ.)

Unless you work in one of those places, you might be better off getting a job with Geek Squad at Best Buy, or a local software company. My nephew works as a TSG-type for a small software firm that writes a software package that runs vetinary clinics. It's been a good gig for him. I would be looking for smaller companies with 100-200 employees that produce and support software for niches like that. Big outfits outsource a lot of stuff overseas.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
sandwich.png

curiousbrain

I thought for sure someone would have posted a machine language rendition of Shakespeare.

Allow me ....

Just kidding; my dorktasticness does not (sadly) extend that far.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This thread sounds like what the DBAs in BIA talk about at lunch, if they are not talking about the "Big Bang Theory". They even use the code words from the show. WEIRD!

I deliver to an architectural firm and I always seem to get there when they are having lunch. You would think they would be watching something related to their work while eating-----they love to watch "Family Guy" during lunch.