How to have constructive conversations | Julia Dhar

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

"We need to figure out how we go into conversations not looking for the victory, but the progress," says world debate champion Julia Dhar. In this practical talk, she shares three essential features of productive disagreements grounded in curiosity and purpose. The end result? Constructive conversations that sharpen your argument and strengthen your relationships.

"We need to figure out how we go into conversations not looking for the victory, but the progress," says world debate champion Julia Dhar. In this practical talk, she shares three essential features of productive disagreements grounded in curiosity and purpose. The end result? Constructive conversations that sharpen your argument and strengthen your relationships.

And how many packages has she delivered and how long has she worked for this company?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
constructive.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

This is hilarious especially at the POO POO Cafe Cheryl.

quad decade guy

Does she cover blind hate and bullying? Ignorance?

With respect....how does a tightly controlled debate competition apply to these clowns?

Hell, we never get past the title.

vantexan

I disagree.

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
I like this. I really enjoy listening to or reading or participating in a topic of debate as long as it's constructive without the yelling and pointing of fingers. I'm not so set in my ways that I'm not willing to listen to the other side and try to understand where they are coming from.

However I think this is unrealistic for a lot of people especially on social media. I don't see debates on social media. I see attacks; attacks on each other and deflecting of the topic at hand. I'm not immune to this, but I am trying to change.