How to know if laid off?

KevinWhipaloo

I was a seasonal Driver Helper who began in December. My Helper coordinator said I may not work on the 26th or 27th, but I worked for 8 hours on the 27th anyway and it was indeed shown on my timecard.

I received a text asking if I was available to work on the 2nd and 3rd, which I replied yes. I called to ask for my helper coordinator today, but they were not there.

I checked my Time Card Viewer today, and it says No time card data found for the week ending date of Saturday, January 04, 2020.

How does UPS officially notify seasonal helpers or how can seasonal helpers check that they are laid off?

Johney

Were you called today to work like those other days? If not you're not working. If you want to wait by the phone for the next few days you may work. I suggest looking for a new job.

KevinWhipaloo

Were you called today to work like those other days? If not you're not working. If you want to wait by the phone for the next few days you may work. I suggest looking for a new job.

I'm asking how seasonal employees are notified if they have been laid off or how they can check themselves. I'm not asking if I'm working on a given day.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I'm asking how seasonal employees are notified if they have been laid off or how they can check themselves. I'm not asking if I'm working on a given day.
You won't get an answer until January 15th. They may need you, they may not, but they won't tell you. If they can get away with not working you, they will

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
If you want to work, and they haven’t told you directly to stay home, brown up and show up. Don’t expect anything but if you have a couple weeks where you just want to milk this UPS thing as much as you can, just show up, man.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If you want to work, and they haven’t told you directly to stay home, brown up and show up. Don’t expect anything but if you have a couple weeks where you just want to milk this UPS thing as much as you can, just show up, man.
He has no browns, he is a driver helper. He could always vest up and help kids cross the street.

Johney

Oh forgive me for my misunderstanding of your question. So to answer it.....you won't be notified, so I suggest you look for another job.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
UPS treats you like teeth. They figure if they just ignore you, you will go away.
That would be easy, it takes quite a while for your teeth to rot out of your head. Most people figure it out long before the teeth go.

UPS's way is like doing some high grade meth. You go from 22 years old to looking like a 55 year old and all your teeth are rotted out all over the course of three days.

That third day you are freaking out playing with your keys and walking around with jerky, chicken-like movements trying to figure out what just happened.

Dont do meth. I mean UPS.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
That would be easy, it takes quite a while for your teeth to rot out of your head. Most people figure it out long before the teeth go.

UPS's way is like doing some high grade meth. You go from 22 years old to looking like a 55 year old and all your teeth are rotted out all over the course of three days.

That third day you are freaking out playing with your keys and walking around with jerky, chicken-like movements trying to figure out what just happened.

Dont do meth. I mean UPS.
There's a story here.