How to leave the company in style?

blkmamba

We had a part time sup cut all his employees at break. Then waited about thirty minutes after break for his belt to overload and shutoff before he told the full time he quite. Awesome.

brownrod

just bring donuts or something. that will send a good impression. That's something the other managers and sups will never live up to. You will be the hero that actually did something nice.

I have two weeks left before I start my new job. I didn't put in any notice on purpose and was trying to find ideas on how to leave in style. I am a 6 year PT-Sup and hate this company more than I have ever hated anything else in my entire life. Suggestions? (I have already ruled out leaving quietly)

Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Many comments about not burning bridges...take the advice. Chances are that your new job will not be your last job. Any reputable company will do a background check and check all references for past work experience. Sounds like you have a long way to go before retirement so this will happen more than once. Also, if you drop UPS from your resume...any HR person worth their salt will definitely question a 6 YEAR lapse in work! Good lick.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When potential employers call UPS for a reference the company does not comment on work performance---they will only confirm dates of employment.

Dropping UPS from your resume could be a career ending move.

Z

ZQXC

Here's a valuable life lesson for some of you younger people:

In any given situation, just do the right thing.....

kingOFchester

Hire a bunch of strippers. Get a loud boom box. Get a good "chicka bow wow" mix to play. Get strippers on the belt that leads to the car dumps. Play music, and have strippers do their thing as they progress down the belts.

Give a thrill the poor soles loading the trucks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hire a bunch of strippers. Get a loud boom box. Get a good "chicka bow wow" mix to play. Get strippers on the belt that leads to the car dumps. Play music, and have strippers do their thing as they progress down the belts.

Give a thrill the poor soles loading the trucks.

The only strippers you would get at 6am are the ones you don't want to see naked. Just sayin'.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
12 seconds after you walk out, no one's going to care or remember anyway. You'll be replaced in a week with a new hire who's been there a whole month. Just give notice, and be happy you got out when you did.

HBGPreloader

All the PT supes that gave their 2 week notice here didn't make it those 2 weeks.
Although it sounds like it's too late, I would have given notice and taken a week off before starting the new job.

Z

ZQXC

The only strippers you would get at 6am are the ones you don't want to see naked. Just sayin'.

Dispute /

Ask a woman about a naked man and she will reply "If you have seen one, you've seen them all."

But, ask a man about a naked woman, and he will say "If you have seen one..................................................................,
you want to see the rest of them."

code5

I quit UPS a year and a half ago. I'm very happy with my new job.

I knew that if I didn't use my paid opts I'd lose them. When asked if anyone wanted days off the following week I volenteered which I never did before. I was granted 3 days off.

The following Monday I gave 2 weeks notice and worked them as normal with the exception of those 3 days which I double dipped - working at my new job

I still go to UPS to visit and get along with everyone there. I worked there 18 years and really enjoyed about the first 15

It was time for a change and am glad I did it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Rent a tank and take out the parking lot. No wait, don't do that. My car may be out there.

UPSGUY72

When potential employers call UPS for a reference the company does not comment on work performance---they will only confirm dates of employment.

Dropping UPS from your resume could be a career ending move.

These days any company that gets a call for a job reference will only say that your were or were not an employee dates of employment saying anything negative about you opens could open them up to a lawsuit so they don't say anthing the only question that they might answer is if they get ask if they would hire you again. The answer to that questions speaks for itself....

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Buy donuts for your crew but make sure they know it's from you and not the cheap s.o.b.'s we work for. Show that you are better than those bums.