How Will UPS Compete With Amazon?

Or you can go driving for UPS in $42 an hour but that's your choice
bro this that how much your making $42. They always ask for driving commercial driving history. I heard only a select few get that type of wage in UPS. The rest start off at $18/20 per hour. Like I said they want proof of commercial driving history which I never had driving a large commercial or box truck van. Plus they don't even pay that to CDL drivers so your basically making that up that 42$ per hour unless your a CDL driver. I don't want to be stuck in the snow also driving in terrible conditions.

bro this that how much your making $42. They always ask for driving commercial driving history. I heard only a select few get that type of wage in UPS. The rest start off at $18/20 per hour. Like I said they want proof of commercial driving history which I never had driving a large commercial or box truck van. Plus they don't even pay that to CDL drivers so your basically making that up that 42$ per hour unless your a CDL driver. I don't want to be stuck in the snow also driving in terrible conditions.
Not only they get $42 an hour but I also get fantastic health care benefits and no cost between my sick days, optional days and pay vacation is over 8 weeks paid off plus I have a pension

Thebrownblob

you UPS employees are funny. I just turned down a UPS offer last week. I mean less than 25 hours per hour about 3 hours per shift only 5 days at 15.50$ yet minimum wage is 12.50$ in most states. I mean how am I suppose to even make a living off part time work. I check on google maps there were so many UPS warehouse delivery stations in each town that they can hire employees for less than 3 hour shifts and they still make millions not sacrificing there deliveries just paying the lease on there buildings.
Read the reviews on UPS. Having worked at amazon I know that they at least are able to provide 4 hours per shift and offer fulltime.
I think everyone agrees Giant Peapod is the lowest of the job barrel in warehouse work. I mean who wants to be stuck in a freezer only making 12.50$ per hour.
As for me. I know Amazon is one of the lowest jobs in the market if you want to work in the warehouse distribution sector that is only because of the pay rate and the refusal of amazon to utilize forklifts and other powered equipment which prevents its employee's from learning how to make more money and learn a new skill since more forklift operators make over 20$ per hour.
And yes I'm fed up with amazon and have decided to move on and find a better paying job and have learned how to operate a forklift in order to apply for better opportunities in real distribution centers making at least 22$ per hour.
I have also learned to accept that if I want a well paying job in the distribution center I have to apply real far away in the country where there are less employee's applying at those locations. The pay rate is also better at these isolated locations where you need a car to get to.
WOW $22 an hour?

1664064049298.gif
😂

Thebrownblob

Not only they get $42 an hour but I also get fantastic health care benefits and no cost between my sick days, optional days and pay vacation is over 8 weeks paid off plus I have a pension
He’s really not worth talking to he has no clue what he’s talking about. It’s laughable. UPS does not want commercial driving experience because they do not want you getting bad habits from some other company they would rather train you their self.

He’s really not worth talking to he has no clue what he’s talking about. It’s laughable. UPS does not want commercial driving experience because they do not want you getting bad habits from some other company they would rather train you their self.
Except for seasonal that's pretty much why they didn't hire FedEx ground drivers

you must be a CDL UPS driver than. Because no UPS van driver gets paid that much. It would make no sense for them to be paying everyone else so little that they would offer you 42$ as a delivery van driver. They don't even pay that much to there CDL drivers that drive the UPS Semi trucks. Unless maybe your been there 20 yrs and they want to hold onto you but even than 30$ would be max UPS would be willing to pay you. Even amazon pay 30$ to some of its employee's that have been driving 5yrs or more. Hell they pay 35$ to earn your CDL and drive there trailers in there parking lots.
Amazon is paying some regular warehouse employee that have been there more than 5 yrs 25$ per hour.
I think your driving this

King of the hill: an elite group of UPS drivers would get as much as 96 cts  per mile in a few years - FreightWaves

not this
Are UPS Trucks Manual or Automatic? Answered (+ Truck Types Detailed) -  First Quarter Finance

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Top rate is over $40/hr. All RPCDs make this after they have hit top rate. (4 year progression.)
They do not want/care about your prior commercial driving history. Doesn't even come into the equation unless you are an off the street hire.
He is not making the pay rate up.
I knew you were making the pay rate up. Like a stingy slave labor place like UPS would pay you as much as a manager when they could easily replace you.
He is not making it up. Fully factual.

Top rate is over $40/hr. All RPCDs make this after they have hit top rate. (4 year progression.)
They do not want/care about your prior commercial driving history. Doesn't even come into the equation unless you are an off the street hire.
He is not making the pay rate up.

He is not making it up. Fully factual.
yeah right, I tried applying as there delivery driver, always get rejected and it ask for professional commercial experience.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
yeah right, I tried applying as there delivery driver, always get rejected and it ask for professional commercial experience.
I'm telling you, you are wrong.

Take it from someone who *hasn't* been rejected when applying to be an RPCD.

We have a national contract. Please read said contract before spouting off and accusing other posters of being ignorant.