How would you record this?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As you can see...if you come on here and ask your question you will get many different answers. So here's another one....Ask your supervisor how they want it done, then do it their way so you can stay off their :censored2: list.
I'll do it as I was trained.
Then if they have a problem with how I'm doing it and make me aware; I will make the requested adjustment, as long as the adjustment isn't illegal, unsafe or dishonest.
As Lead Belly said, it's their numbers and they play absolutely no role in my decision making process.
The only "credit" I need is in the form of my negotiated hourly rate.
The most liberating thing I will have ever done at UPS is to divorce myself from their allowances.
It's a whole new ball game when you make this adjustment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Leave the info notice on the closed business before you leave and it will be done By The Book. No mistaking my intent here Harry.

If this were a one time thing----yes.

If this were standard procedure for this stop---no need to leave a notice.

For example, on Mondays I indirect the NDA's for Empire Vision to the Walmart Vision Center as they do not open until 1030. One of the former WVC employees works at EV and picks up the packages from WVC on her way in to work. Two stops and I do not leave a delivery notice at EV.

By The Book

Proper methods, yes. I know what you mean though as the neighboring businesses have this done a lot. I had a sup one day drive around and check to see if I was leaving notices on doors one day for my send agains. He came up to me the next day and said good job on leaving notices yesterday. Just doing my job boss.

bl04a

Do not hit duplicate. As in an earlier reply sheet stop A, pre record, sheet stop B, pre record. Go into pre record hit left at commercial for both stops, signature enter, one signature for 2 stops, enter left at location, stop complete

ArcherUTR

For example, on Mondays I indirect the NDA's for Empire Vision to the Walmart Vision Center as they do not open until 1030. One of the former WVC employees works at EV and picks up the packages from WVC on her way in to work. Two stops and I do not leave a delivery notice at EV.

One stop. Under the prerecord function tag the second stop as 'DUP COMM' button because you did not tag the door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our previous center manager used to give the NDA for this stop to the driver who delivers to this retail complex and have him sheet it as "opens late". Our new center manager does not want us doing that and also does not want us making a second delivery attempt on the same day so at first I was driving by there way before they opened, sheeting them as CLO 1 and slapping a notice on the door. We finally worked out the current arrangement which works but to me is not the way to take care of this customer.

ArcherUTR

Then you are working as directed, but it is still one stop. And you are giving bad advice to younger drivers who do not work for your boss.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Leave the info notice on the closed business before you leave and it will be done By The Book. No mistaking my intent here Harry.

Who's a good boy!!??!? That's right, yeah, you are!!!

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1430086220.516517.jpg

bl04a

If there is a stop in EDD listed as let's say 123 Maple with 2 packages and 1 package is for the dentist office on the first floor suite 100 and the 2nd package is for a pediatrician on the 2nd floor suite 200 who is closed and the dentist on the first floor agrees to take suite 200's package then scan each one separately, pre record both , tag both packages LC and get 1 signature for both, just be sure to put the different suite numbers for both stops.

ArcherUTR

If there is a stop in EDD listed as let's say 123 Maple with 2 packages and 1 package is for the dentist office on the first floor suite 100 and the 2nd package is for a pediatrician on the 2nd floor suite 200 who is closed and the dentist on the first floor agrees to take suite 200's package then scan each one separately, pre record both , tag both packages LC and get 1 signature for both, just be sure to put the different suite numbers for both stops.
And leave a scanned info notice on 2nd floor suite 200, else use 'DUP LA COM'.

ArcherUTR

Care to expand on the "bad advice" accusation?

(It's two stops)
You are giving advice that could possible be construed as padding stops depending on your center manager or DM or if you are on the :censored2: list.

The right way to do what you are describing is pre-record both stops separately. Tag the one that you are at as 'LC', tag the other as 'DUP LC'.

ArcherUTR

People this isn't hard. If you go to a stop that is closed and tag their door with an info notice and then indirect the package to a neighbor who also has a delivery - 2 stops.

If you go straight to the neighbor and leave both deliveries without going to the closed stop and you did not attempt the delivery and tag the door - then it is one stop using the 'DUP LC' found in the same pre-record tag screen on the closed stop.

Otherwise you are putting your job at risk.