How your government will manage health care

tieguy

Banned
Excerpt from an email I recieved.

U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
1. They voted to not give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.

2. Your Medicaid premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and
You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is

-$1,600 or -$3,200
for husband and wife.

3. Over 2-yrs they each get $10,000

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Excerpt from an email I recieved.

U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
1.They voted to not give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.
2.Your Medicaid premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and
You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is
-$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.
3.Over 2-yrs they each get $10,000

Our honest politicians deserve a raise for all their hard work....UGH!!!!:angry:

island1fox

Our honest politicians deserve a raise for all their hard work....UGH!!!!:angry:
All politicians up for election in 2010 should be voted out --throw them all out --this is the only thing they understand. In 2011 and 2012 if they still do not listen --vote them out again --all parties --I am sick of them all !!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
All politicians up for election in 2010 should be voted out --throw them all out --this is the only thing they understand. In 2011 and 2012 if they still do not listen --vote them out again --all parties --I am sick of them all !!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

I wish that could happen.
Out government in Washington is just sickening - regardless of party.

over9five

Staff member
Why, at election time, does the American voter continually forget how the incumbent has screwed us over and over again????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
May I offer a phrase???

"Effective Marketing"

Aren't we smart???:sad-very:
Because a large part of the electorate vote with the "whats in it for me" mentality. While I guess I can understand it why do people get to vote on property tax increases when they rent. Well it is good for them and their kids.
Why do people who dont work,or work for lower pay, get to vote on tax increases at all if they get earned income credit?
It is just like 9/11. If you were not affected, you dont care. It is scary to ask someone where they were when 9/11 happened and they dont know what I mean. I didnt know any one there, I didnt lose anyone, but before that I never listened to the news, just music. Now I am a know it all. (JK) But when someone asks me where I was, I saw that last plane, and the sky was eerily bare, except for the one flying over my head before it crashed in PA. it was the scariest day of my life, and I fear something just about as bad will happen in NYC this New years eve. yes yes, the sky is falling.

tieguy

Banned
It is just like 9/11. If you were not affected, you dont care. It is scary to ask someone where they were when 9/11 happened and they dont know what I mean. I didnt know any one there, I didnt lose anyone, but before that I never listened to the news, just music. Now I am a know it all. (JK) But when someone asks me where I was, I saw that last plane, and the sky was eerily bare, except for the one flying over my head before it crashed in PA. it was the scariest day of my life, and I fear something just about as bad will happen in NYC this New years eve. yes yes, the sky is falling.

Great post and points. I can't believe we have already forgotten the horriffic scenes of 9-11. But here we are again ready to forget as we did the first attacks on the world trade centers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I happened to catch the tail end of the Joy Behar interview with Bette Midler. Bette talked about "rational people needing to speak calmly".
Try talking calmly to the N. Korean nut or the Iran nut or any Taliban member.......these enemy-type people are not rational to begin with, so there's no reasoning with them. The Dems. she schedules on that show got their heads up......:wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I happened to catch the tail end of the Joy Behar interview with Bette Midler. Bette talked about "rational people needing to speak calmly".
Try talking calmly to the N. Korean nut or the Iran nut or any Taliban member.......these enemy-type people are not rational to begin with, so there's no reasoning with them. The Dems. she schedules on that show got their heads up......:wink2:
rational people will get us all killed.

tieguy

Banned

Guess we did not have any rational people at the global warming conference.:happy-very:

diesel96

Great post and points. I can't believe we have already forgotten the horriffic scenes of 9-11. But here we are again ready to forget as we did the first attacks on the world trade centers.

Who's we ? Speak for yourself.... Or are you talking about your imaginary Hate America, love the terrorist crowd....

Moreluck: Rational people talking calmy ?....So you prefer people talking over each other, like a typical Fox News segments..?????

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was referring to talking rationally to world leaders like Kim Jung ILL or whatever that nut's name is. or Achmadinnutjob.....him too. You can't just talk to leaders like these.........they're insane.

I never mentioned FOX.....this was not on FOX, it was on the all Dem network of HLN-Cnn

Who's we ? Speak for yourself.... Or are you talking about your imaginary Hate America, love the terrorist crowd....

I think Obama forgot... "Now, this was a serious reminder of the dangers that we face and the nature of those who threaten our homeland."

tieguy

Banned

Nothing imaginary about them. With you and reverend wrong around I'm learning that everything that goes wrong in the world is probably my fault. Those poor terrorists we held a gun to their heads and forced them to fly their planes into the towers. Why according to you that 23 year old rich kid bankers son tried to blow that plane up because Grover Cleveland screwed the congo in 1895. With your thinking there are no bad terrorists.

Moreluck: Rational people talking calmy ?....So you prefer people talking over each other, like a typical Fox News segments..?????

Woah! If you're right then that means that on a "typical" fox news cast we have people from opposite political spectrums talking over each other in heated debate. You just stuck your foot in your mouth and admitted that a typical fox newscast is fair and balanced. :happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Because a large part of the electorate vote with the "whats in it for me" mentality. While I guess I can understand it why do people get to vote on property tax increases when they rent. Well it is good for them and their kids.
Why do people who dont work,or work for lower pay, get to vote on tax increases at all if they get earned income credit?
01/01/10 8:12 am CDT Western Illinois. Official update: Sky did not fall. Very cold though.:happy2: