Hows your experience working at UPS

brostalss

You get out of your job what you put into it. I take pride in my job and when I get home I can say I gave them a fair and honest effort.

A lot just do the minimum to get that paycheck. If you come in with the wrong attitude, you're not going to get much out of it

"If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life"

I am a PT supervusor, twilight to be specific. I switch working inbound and outbound. I LOVE my job. Sometimes I dont want to get out of my crappy honda civic to go in, but normally I do. The parts I dont love, and happening lately, all these union old timers filing grievemce on me. I dont get it. I cant keep the old timers happy with pizza and soda.

Box Ox

My experience has been that the better you are at your job relative to your co-workers, the more work will be put on you. Leave the boombox at home and never misload? That'll earn you the heaviest routes at your hub or center.

balland chain

It makes me go to church more often and make sure I live a good honest life, UPS has given me a taste of hell, and I dont want to spend eternity there !!

jlaughlin

MAKING A LIVING
Question for any of my teamster brothers...I need to transfer due to getting back to my daughter...And as of right now I preload and drive air....if I transfer after enrolling in college I go to the bottom and all my driving is gone loose seniority in the center not the company but don't know if I should apply for a couple package delivery driver openings or bite the ****ty bullet and keep my benefits and and start over at new center??? Any responses would help....Teamster local 175

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All depends on your age. If your young under 22 or 23 maybe, if over that I would say no. All depends on the center you are transferring to. Its a big gamble dogg. How many years you got in?

Dash549

I been working for UPS as a package handler for a week now and so far so good, i got use to the fast pace environment, management and the supervisor are pretty laid back and co worker are cool as hell. Only bad thing about is the sorters bitch and complain a lot.

​So hows your experience working for UPS?

I started 5 and a half weeks ago and it has been pretty good so far, I work in a big hub so there were a few people I already knew one of them being a Sup haha. I'm getting better every week and my sup is really nice and so are the people on my boxline.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Pay is good and I work ~5 hours/day (preload). Yeah, the corporate BS is pretty bad, but if you're able to look past it, overall it's a pretty good place to work.

A

anonymous6

UPS is one of the easiest jobs I have had and I have had over 30 jobs since I was a teenager. put up chain link fences, worked a summer for a moving company, hot tar roofing in florida, assembly line work, construction laborer, all much harder than UPS to name a few.