HQ2 Narrowed

vantexan

I always thought he was a RINO. Instead we now see that he's actually just another evil, communist pinko, left wing extremist, snowflake liberal...... And like so many others, they're beginning to see now
that they are nowhere near as "conservative" as they think they are.
And you demonstrate once again when you have no argument you resort to name calling. How very Democrat of you.

vantexan

A zoning board decides zoning matters. Industrial development authorities seldom do both. The key issue is the manner in which eminent domain can be used. Is an industrial authority's use of eminent domain to condemn and take possession of private property then part it out and resell it to another private interest in keeping with the original intent of the eminent domain laws ? Or is it simply being used to make some individual very wealthy?
Industrial parks I'm familiar with are usually owned by a county or city, and land is leased to businesses. Businesses come and go, the underlying land is government.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You think so?

Yep.

One practice that is beginning to become widespread is one whereby local governments through their industrial authority are using eminent domain to take possession of privately owned property and literally give it to another private enterprise to his purposes. In fact, it happened just out the road from me. You'll be amazed at what happened and if anyone wants to hear the details let me know. Now the question is. Will the city that get's AMZN use eminent domain to take possession of private property and then just hand it over to the richest man in the world? Furthermore will essential government services of the "winning" city become casualties by means of chronic underfunding in order to pay Bezos the ransom he demands?

As I was saying...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Which in many cases involves property owned by an industrial development authority which presents this question. How did the property fall into the hands of the authority and what steps did the authority take in order to gain possession of it?

In many cases, they called the number on the 'for sale' sign and asked what the price was. Then they paid it.

bacha29

In many cases, they called the number on the 'for sale' sign and asked what the price was. Then they paid it.
Wasn't the case I mentioned earlier. Likewise gas MLP's in this region are using eminent domain to obtain right of ways, a practice which is being which is being contested by property owners,

Oldfart

Wasn't the case I mentioned earlier. Likewise gas MLP's in this region are using eminent domain to obtain right of ways, a practice which is being which is being contested by property owners,
You have all the answers. You just won't admit you lied on your Amazon stock purchase and your 73% return on investment. Kind of makes everything you say come into question. Bummer

Oldfart

Simply falling into line right behind you.
Not hardly bubba. Nothing but honesty from me. You got caught telling a lie about your investments, backtracked and the told another lie. Sounds like you just might have character issues. Bummer

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
my bet is on DC, Atlanta, or Boston in that order

the rest just can’t meet their staffing needs

that people think this will be based on stupid :censored2: like restaurants, “culture” (whatever the :censored2: that means) or traffic show how far gone this country is

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

that people think this will be based on stupid :censored2: like restaurants, “culture” (whatever the :censored2: that means) or traffic show how far gone this country is
All three of those cities are known for having horrendous traffic.

Oldfart

No city can meet the staffing needs. Amazon will have to bring in plenty of people from other cities and needs to pick a city that people will want to relocate to.

oldngray

nowhere special
No city can meet the staffing needs. Amazon will have to bring in plenty of people from other cities and needs to pick a city that people will want to relocate to.

Amazon listed some fantasy requirements but it will come down to which place gives them the biggest incentives ($$$$).

bacha29

Wow man what got into you? What compelled you to set the personal attacks aside (for once) and make a very valid point and one that was spot on topic?Not if but when they arrive they will need housing and could drive up home prices making it very difficult for other residents many who have lived and worked there all their lives from obtaining affordable housing.

Oldfart

Wow man what got into you? What compelled you to set the personal attacks aside (for once) and make a very valid point and one that was spot on topic?Not if but when they arrive they will need housing and could drive up home prices making it very difficult for other residents many who have lived and worked there all their lives from obtaining affordable housing.
Once I caught you fabricating your 2 stories about making 73% return on your Amazon stock, I decided to move on. You will slip up again and fabricate another story and people here will defend your motives. It happens.

bacha29

Once I caught you fabricating your 2 stories about making 73% return on your Amazon stock, I decided to move on. You will slip up again and fabricate another story and people here will defend your motives. It happens.
That's the my plan. Everyone on this site has either chosen to completely ignore or has totally discredited everything you have to say. Understand I felt sorry for you given your complete outcasting and isolation and so thought I would provide you with little company, After all it's the least I could do.