HQ2 Narrowed

bacha29

UPDATE.......Charlotte has been eliminated. Widely believed that the decision was based at least in part by it's vulnerability to hurricanes.

Oldfart

UPDATE.......Charlotte has been eliminated. Widely believed that the decision was based at least in part by it's vulnerability to hurricanes.
LOL

They have 10 cities on the east coast, including Miami. Why were those cities considered when they are just as likely to have a hurricane? Or maybe you just have no idea what you are talking about.

bacha29

LOL

They have 10 cities on the east coast, including Miami. Why were those cities considered when they are just as likely to have a hurricane? Or maybe you just have no idea what you are talking about.
It's all public information readily available .Check it out for yourself. At the same time Charlotte being taken out of consideration was such a complete shock that one possible reason that was floated around was hurricanes.

bacha29

I'm near Denver and evidently we're still on the list. I don't want us to be on the list, honestly.
If you get it and you have a house located in a professionally occupied and desirable upscale neighborhood neighborhood it will no doubt be worth a lot more than it currently is. At the same time you can grant Bezos all the concessions he wants but it still has to be made up somewhere else and guess who will most likely be the ones who have to do it.

McFeely

Huge Member
If you get it and you have a house located in a professionally occupied and desirable upscale neighborhood neighborhood it will no doubt be worth a lot more than it currently is.

My house has gone up about 55% in value since I bought it in 2007. I can’t afford anything else in the area anyway, so my home being worth more is of no interest to me unless I’m moving out of the area. I also don’t want more traffic and infrastructure being strained.

I moved to Colorado before it was cool.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
LOL

Do you have any better ideas?

I'm guessing not.

Oldfart

Do you have any better ideas?

I'm guessing not.
It's not my decision. Just laughing at bacha. He claims to be a financial genius with all the insight. He SPECULATED Charlotte was eliminated for weather reason when other cities that made the list share that same weather.

Oldfart

Don't forget bacha was the person bad mouthing FDX stock and saying it was just a matter of time before it started a downward trend. Seems like that was over $100 increase ago. Kinda shows he knows very little.

bacha29

It's not my decision. Just laughing at bacha. He claims to be a financial genius with all the insight. He SPECULATED Charlotte was eliminated for weather reason when other cities that made the list share that same weather.
Personal attacks disguised as good natured ribbing is simply another testament to your own ignorance. Just one of many examples.

Oldfart

Personal attacks disguised as good natured ribbing is simply another testament to your own ignorance. Just one of many examples.
You like to "cut and paste" financial news and act like it is your opinion and thoughts. Just making an observation. Meanwhile the FDX stock you suggested was gonna drop is hanging in at $270. Up a tremendous amount since you made that statement. Can you make it again. Maybe it will go to $300

bacha29

You like to "cut and paste" financial news and act like it is your opinion and thoughts. Just making an observation. Meanwhile the FDX stock you suggested was gonna drop is hanging in at $270. Up a tremendous amount since you made that statement. Can you make it again. Maybe it will go to $300
I simply brought to the attention what one analyst had to say about the stock. You still like to brag about FDX stock but one fact still remains. Do you have a brokerage account and trade on it regularly either online or through a full service broker? I doubt it. When you start making your own trades , self managing your own retirement funds, doing your own research, trusting your own convictions, putting your own balls on the anvil only then will such comments your part will be regarded as something other than a personal attack. Having X set up a retirement account in your name and managing it in your behalf which by all indications is the case with you doesn't even begin to compare to what I and other true investors do.

Oldfart

I simply brought to the attention what one analyst had to say about the stock. You still like to brag about FDX stock but one fact still remains. Do you have a brokerage account and trade on it regularly either online or through a full service broker? I doubt it. When you start making your own trades , self managing your own retirement funds, doing your own research, trusting your own convictions, putting your own balls on the anvil only then will such comments your part will be regarded as something other than a personal attack. Having X set up a retirement account in your name and managing it in your behalf which by all indications is the case with you doesn't even begin to compare to what I and other true investors do.

You really are the greatest business mind to come along in the last 15 minutes

Wouldnt it be easier to out it in Primecap and get 28% return?

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Minneapolis, Minnesota was taken off the list too. I can't believe they don't want to come here and freeze their asses off.

Oldfart

Considering our 401 only has about 10 choices besides the Target Funds, just how much research are you doing? Stick with Primecap, Wellington, Windsor and retire comfortably

Last edited:

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Holy hell do you ever shut up