HQ2 Upates

bacha29

Newest rankings on possibly sites for new Amazon headquarters have been released. The lead dog is without question the Raleigh-Durham -Charlotte area. Kansas City isn't even listed. Ohio is throwing a mountain of concessions at Bezos in an effort to get it. Other states are making concessions but to their credit have a good idea of the proposals actual worth and won't give up more than they stand to get in return.

bacha29

The scenario floating around now is splitting Amazon into 2 separate companies which is driving the stock price more than earnings.

bacha29

I wasn’t sure if it was B of T.

T does make more sense.
Here's the latest. As you no doubt know Bezos wants to get into the prescription drug business. As a result Wall Street is pushing him to buying out what's left of Rite Aid. Their remaining stores are not going to make it BUT they have what he needs.....Their wholesale drug licenses in numerous states which would go with the ones he already has.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here's the latest. As you no doubt know Bezos wants to get into the prescription drug business. As a result Wall Street is pushing him to buying out what's left of Rite Aid. Their remaining stores are not going to make it BUT they have what he needs.....Their wholesale drug licenses in numerous states which would go with the ones he already has.

Hadn’t heard that one but it does make a ton of sense.

bacha29

Hadn’t heard that one but it does make a ton of sense.
Right now RAD has 4600 stores. I don't know if that is still counting the 600 that Walgreens recently bought from them but the key here is that they hold wholesale drug licenses in 30 states and the District of Columbia Stock at $ 1.65 up 5%......One of those things that make you go....Hmm.

bacha29

Am I right in assuming that closing the stores has no effect on the licenses?
It will be up to the federal regulators to decide whether or not to require the continued operation of the stores as a condition of sale. RAD is a distant third in size and scale of operations behind Wegmans and Walmart. Given the struggles of RA over the past decade or so and the pressure for lower drug costs if Bezos can resolve the latter the feds may have no choice but to let the sale go through if it were to occur regardless of any reservations they may have regarding reduced industry competition. Then again you only have 3 major carriers left in the parcel business and in the retail drug business you'll still four. Wegmans Walmart CVS and Amazon. Let the games begin.

MAKAVELI

I wonder if Drumpf would try to block a merge like that? You know since he can't stand Bezos and the Washington Post.

bacha29

It would be an acquisition, not a merger.
Under the scenario Wall Street analysts have laid out Amazon agrees to put pharmacies in Whole Foods in exchange for the right to close the remaining 2700 Rite Aid stores. They used to have 4600 but have been given the ok to sell 1900 of them to Wegmans up from the original 600. When polled 67% of Amazon prime members have said that they would buy their prescriptions from Amazon.If this were to happen it would make it much more likely that Amazon some time down the road will be split into 2 companies. I know it's a fishing trip but a short time ago I bought 2000 shares of Rite Aid. Furthermore, wouldn't it be something if the Rite Aid corporate headquarters located at Camp Hill Pennsylvania just outside of Harrisburg the state capitol becomes HQ2 ?

FedGT

The scenario floating around now is splitting Amazon into 2 separate companies which is driving the stock price more than earnings.

Only thing that drives AMZN stock price is uneducation and bull:censored2:, same as TSLA. I will give them that they have won by a substantial margin and probably will for still a while but complete garbage that it works out that way with certain companies.
They buy Whole Foods and the next day the stock goes up even more than the acquisition to buy Whole Foods???????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Only thing that drives AMZN stock price is uneducation and bull:censored2:, same as TSLA. I will give them that they have won by a substantial margin and probably will for still a while but complete garbage that it works out that way with certain companies.
They buy Whole Foods and the next day the stock goes up even more than the acquisition to buy Whole Foods???????

Bezos could announce that he has cured cancer and his stock would soar.