HSN and QVC ladies..........

Fishbulb

i dont know how people do it, i really dont. i have a few QVC/HSN nuts on my routes as well. They've gotten everything from clothes to bed frames to TV's & endless other crapola. It just amazes me that someone could order something every single day. at least with drugs or alcohol there's a physical addiction but to sit in front of the TV or computer just looking for stuff to buy when you dont even need it?!?! insane. I've only seen the inside of 1 of these ladies' houses & I dont ever want to see it again. It was full of boxes, bags, newspapers & other misc. junk that seemed as if it was sitting there for months. Those are the kinda folks you read about in the paper where they had been dead for weeks but nobody could find them cause they have no friends or family & the only reason they're found is because the neighbors complain about the smell coming from the house.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Every time I'm flipping around and come across the Shopping Channel and there's Tony Little hawking his godforsaken treadmills and I just cringe because three days later a flood of overweight packages show up. There's a few ladies who keep on buying exercise equipment and when I show up at their door with their brand new treadmill there's a recumbent bike I delivered two months ago, shoved in a corner, covered in an inch of dust.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Every time I'm flipping around and come across the Shopping Channel and there's Tony Little hawking his godforsaken treadmills and I just cringe because three days later a flood of overweight packages show up. There's a few ladies who keep on buying exercise equipment and when I show up at their door with their brand new treadmill there's a recumbent bike I delivered two months ago, shoved in a corner, covered in an inch of dust.

That use to be a big joke in our center. Couple of the guys were wanting a Bowflex. I told them just to write down the addresses of the ones that came through the center and in a few months check the papers for yard sales.

:lol:

kasaroo

I have several QVC Ladies. One has the boxes--after several years of QVC-- stacked to her front door, unopened. I feel sorry for her husband, who is always at Starbucks staying out of the house! The other, after about 5 years of QVC, added a second story to her house! I can't help but think it was to hold the QVC! :w00t:

browndude

i have told several people that i get more excercise out of their equipment than they ever will just by carrying it up the driveway and then carrying it back to the truck in 30 days

705red

Browncafe Steward

I know what you mean, especially when you have to take it to the third floor with no elevator. I always think to myself if you really wanted to work out you should have carried this crap up 3 flights of stairs!

Lobofan5

OK, I admit it, I watch QVC sometimes. Has anyone else seen that crazy old lady that sells "Quacker Factory" clothes with the headband on? I would not buy one silly thing from that crazy woman. OK, OK, TMI. Don't hate me.

OMG she is a total FREAK and so are all of her "fans" who call in and rave about her ugly clothes.

(not that I have ever watched it :wink: ***pushing my quacker factory frequent shopper card away from my computer.***)

Brownnblue

I think (or at least would like to think) that some of these folks are in poor health or handicapped and can't make it out to a local mall without a lot of difficulty.

I used to have a lady that was good for anywhere from 1-10 QVC packages per day. I got along with her very well, so much so that when she died a few years back, I went to the wake. I went right after work, still in browns. When I entered the funeral home, everyone started to laugh. I guess everyone knew of her "addiction".

dammor

I too had a treadmill. Bought it from a friend who needed the money. I used it as a clothes hanger for months. After that it was sitting there in the back room collecting dust. Here's a word of advice. Never stand on one and try to dust it if it is plugged in. Damn near threw me through the wall. I sold it soon after that to a friend who's wife is heavy and probably has never lifted a dust rag in her life. I would imagine it has clothes hanging from it and is once again dusty.

helenofcalifornia

Thank you Lobo fan for that confirmation about that crazy Quacker lady. She just creeps me out. If I had a mother that looked like her, I would keep her under wraps.

brownrodster

My QVC lady got 45 pkgs today. Took up a whole shelf on the truck. 3 trips from the truck to her door. This stop took longer than most of my commercial bulk stops.

Sammie

I know what HSN is but what is QVC?

DS,

QVC is a Pennsylvania corporation that
specializes in televised home shopping. It broadcasts in four major countries to 141 million consumers and the name stands for "Quality, Value, and Convenience".

And when we Americans max out all of our credit cards, we can watch endless commercials about Debt Consolidation!!!