Hurricane

over9five

Staff member
Sorry, I think that guy is an ass. He's mad because he's the government and he thinks he owns us. He thinks we all should OBEY.
The residents should be free to stay if they want to, but I don't think anyone should be at risk rescuing them if they need it.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Sorry, I think that guy is an ass. He's mad because he's the government and he thinks he owns us. He thinks we all should OBEY.
The residents should be free to stay if they want to, but I don't think anyone should be at risk rescuing them if they need it.
That is the deal you have been warned and have pleanty of time to evacuate. If you choose to stay and encounter trouble do not expect any help.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw some idiot kid on the Jersey shore being interviewed on TV and he said, "I paid the hotel for Sat. to Sat. and I'm stayin' and getting all my money's worth!" Youth is so wasted on the young!!

clueless

Looking at NOAA's map--the new map lists areas to be impacted as "H's" meaning 'Hurricane' wind speed between 74 MPH and 110 MPH . This morning, 3 of the 4 that are now categorized as H were 'MH'--meaning 'Major Hurricane' wind speed greater than 110 MPH. So maybe it's losing a little of its punch.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I saw some idiot kid on the Jersey shore being interviewed on TV and he said, "I paid the hotel for Sat. to Sat. and I'm stayin' and getting all my money's worth!" Youth is so wasted on the young!!

Probably Snookie's boy freind LOL. My daughter just called and said all bridges closed to incomming traffic on the island @ 2 today. Our branches (my day job) in Atlantic City and Wildwood were closed for bussiness today.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I almost booked a room in Old Saybrook just in case the storm went a little west ;) Nothing wrong with the urge to ride out a good storm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyway....I have been very impressed with NJ Governor Chris Christie throughout this situation. He seems to have a good handle on the situation and has been conveying a sense of urgency while urging everyone to remain calm. He has stressed the importance of the mandatory evacuation orders and, as Over and others have said, has said that those who choose to stay will be on their own and could be cut off for up to a week. This disaster and the way that he has handled it may have boosted his presidential chances.

We were told to call before going in Monday morning. We won't be impacted as severely here but most of our ground comes through Meadowlands and our air out of Philly and Louisville so our center manager told us he honestly does not know what to expect.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Christie heard that someone was on one of his beaches and he said......."Get the hell off the beach!" That's a good dad!! I wish he'd run in 2012.

over9five

Staff member
OK, here's some hurricane madness for ya:

My buyers had their loan approved today. It is a USDA farm loan. The closing was going to be the 31st.

Not anymore.......

Any government loan closing this week on a property in the path of the hurricane has to be re-appraised after the hurricane passes.

**^(*&$%$$%*&*

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We live in the age of a 24 hour news cycle. While most of us have heard the warning (and I dont live near it), you make a decision. If you stay, and I commend the governors and mayors, and you want to tough it out, then you better be truly tough, as it is predicted to be very, very bad, and I am glad no rescue workers are going to be put at risk, saving people who wanted to play a game with their lives. They should think of their kids and animals. They will be so darn scared. I know I would be. I would grab my dogs, my important pics, and papers, and go far away to a motel, and let nature take its course. If nothing happens, you got away for a weekend, a forced vacation. , if your house is gone, you saved your life. Yeah, I dont like government telling me what to do, and they really are not, they have all the models, use your head.

klein

Für Meno :)

My buyers had their loan approved today. It is a USDA farm loan. The closing was going to be the 31st.

Not anymore.......

Any government loan closing this week on a property in the path of the hurricane has to be re-appraised after the hurricane passes.

**^(*&$%$$%*&*

I see that as a good thing ! Who knows, he might just get that property 50% off next week ?
Besides, it really does protect him. don't ya think ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not anymore.......

**^(*&$%$$%*&*

Hate to tell you but this does make sense.