Hurricane

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Tell her to go to Crossgates Mall--it is by far the biggest mall in Albany and it is 3 exits south of the airport exit on I-87. They have a Ruby Tuesdays and Piiza Uno as well as a 16 or 18 screen cineplex. Has she thought about renting a car and heading back tomorrow morning?

Nah, she's staying with family so she's fine, Crossgates is where we saw Avatar btw. I like Albany, it's a cool town.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nah, she's staying with family so she's fine, Crossgates is where we saw Avatar btw. I like Albany, it's a cool town.

My daughter and what's his name live in Delmar, which is about 15 minutes south.

Have you ever been to a restaurant there called the Pump Station? It is a converted water pump station which has it's own microbrewery. We had the rehearsal dinner there. Good food.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My daughter and what's his name live in Delmar, which is about 15 minutes south.

Have you ever been to a restaurant there called the Pump Station? It is a converted water pump station which has it's own microbrewery. We had the rehearsal dinner there. Good food.

Always seem to go out for ethnic food whenever we're there, Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, etc. We ate at [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Phoenicians[/FONT] last time and it was delicious. I'll put the Pump Station on my list though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like everybody else across the country, I've had the hurricane Irene coverage on TV. Even though it's a disaster, there's still some humor in the coverage.

Like when Shep Smith or Anderson Cooper says, "We've got so&so standing by at such&such beach....what's the latest?"

Then there's a shot of some guy on a beach looking around, left, right, up and down and no clue that it's been turned over to him.

For some reason, that just cracks me up......even better if they catch the guy picking his nose or something.

Here's a clip of the more dangerous side of reporting........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIA57sJrf2s

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
This is the most boring hurricane. Why am I missing my time and a half day for this????

Am I missing something? Is it here yet, or still coming?

S

Shushi

Hey, Jones. I don't know how you do it or what it's for but I appreciate it nonetheless. Thank you!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just came in from the local wharf area, wind very strong, rain was hitting me as sharp as needles, visibility varies from feet to yards, wind from SE, waves swells are quite high , all boats left out there were just riding it out, haven't lost any yet, lots of coastal flooding due to high tide, only smaller tree branches are down, nothing major yet. All roads are still open.

bluehdmc

Here's a clip of the more dangerous side of reporting........

Geraldo is/was such a jerk, didn't he get hit with a chair and ended up with a broken nose on his talk show?

P

pickup

This is the most boring hurricane. Why am I missing my time and a half day for this????

Am I missing something? Is it here yet, or still coming?

Let's see. Complaining in this thread about how boring the hurricane is and worrying in another thread about the possibility of the hurricane damaging your house and putting the kibosh on the sale. What do you want? Boring :greedy: or dramatic damage:knockedout:?

over9five

Staff member
Let's see. Complaining in this thread about how boring the hurricane is and worrying in another thread about the possibility of the hurricane damaging your house and putting the kibosh on the sale. What do you want? Boring :greedy: or dramatic damage:knockedout:?

That was this thread (page 5). And I was not worrying about hurricane damage, I was complaining that weather weenies always forcasted storms here to the extreme, and they never are.

And it appears I was right. Gee, this light rain we're having is weally scawy....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Come on down to the coast.
Wind is so strong I had trouble staying upright.
Lost one sailboat, it broke its mooring and is now getting slammed again a seawall, reports are that it may have lost its keel and has crippling side damage.
Another is pulling its mooring, has moved around 150 ft towards shore.
We are now waiting for low tide, to see where the surf breakers begin and how many other boats will be going down.
Heavy rain showers have ended.
Sun even broke thru some clouds for a minute.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Fearless Leader “Takes Charge” At Hurricane Command Center…[/h]
hurricaneo-550x307.jpg

More like a pathetic photo-op.

OR, the real reason he was there........he was sick of 9 full days with Michelle.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Fearless Leader “Takes Charge” At Hurricane Command Center…

hurricaneo-550x307.jpg

More like a pathetic photo-op.

OR, the real reason he was there........he was sick of 9 full days with Michelle.

I watched this briefing and it was much more than a "pathetic photo-op". He was purposeful and to the point. He sought to reassure those affected by Irene and made it clear the Federal government would be there if needed. He praised those who had worked behind the scenes in preparation for Irene.

The only thing more pathetic is the way that you turn everything around to make Obama seem like the bad guy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Storm update;
beached sailboat...tide went out enough to & I was able to inspect the boat, keel intact and very minor damage, however no one has made any attempts to secure it before the next tide.
I had moved all my lobster traps into the same cove, I double checked the area and none have washed ashore. So I should be able to resume my hobby.
All remaining boats are still bobbing around, wind has decreased somewhat.
The seas will need a couple of days to become calm.