hurt cant work

andle69

I've been working at ups for almost 5 months now and when I started working I got this pain in my leg so I made a doctor's appointment and was told it was a pinched nerve the doctors gave me an anti inflammatory and it was working up until recently but for the past week I've barely been able to walk cause of my leg so I've called out for 4 days and told my supervisor that I could barley walk and he said it's not a problem just to keep him updated but today they told me that I was about to be terminated for not showing up I made a doctor's appointment for today and am going in a little but can I be terminated for it if I never called out before and haven't gotten a warning?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been working at ups for almost 5 months now and when I started working I got this pain in my leg so I made a doctor's appointment and was told it was a pinched nerve the doctors gave me an anti inflammatory and it was working up until recently but for the past week I've barely been able to walk cause of my leg so I've called out for 4 days and told my supervisor that I could barley walk and he said it's not a problem just to keep him updated but today they told me that I was about to be terminated for not showing up I made a doctor's appointment for today and am going in a little but can I be terminated for it if I never called out before and haven't gotten a warning?
If it happened at work...did you report the.problem to your supervisor?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you didn't report it or it's not work related....You still won't be able to return to work without a note from your Dr clearing you for duty.

By The Book

I've only had this since I started here but it wasn't as bad as it is now so I never report ed it
get a doctors note stating when you can return to work and with what limitations if any. Have them write it up to include the date you first called out. At ups you have to report all injuries ASAP. If this is something you've had before you worked here, turn in your new doctors note. You may need to go out on disability.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
get a doctors note stating when you can return to work and with what limitations if any. Have them write it up to include the date you first called out. At ups you have to report all injuries ASAP. If this is something you've had before you worked here, turn in your new doctors note. You may need to go out on disability.
If the dr note has limitations....they make not allow him to return to work until he is cleared fully. No reported injury equals probably no TAW.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
GivehimabreakhehasonlybeenherefivemonthssohemaynotbeawareofproperwaytopostonBrownCafeorthatitisreservedforgrownmentocomplainaboutohnevermindlol
845fd30adb20c3b6a6004c66c3d55d5068633b0f4ff39029634503b501435703.jpg

watdaflock?

"." A punctuation mark indicating the end of a sentence or phrase.

What caused the pinched nerve? Did the doctor show you any sort of preventative exercises for the pinched nerve? Did he take X-rays? Maybe a MRI is necessary....
Or did they only give you a pain killer?

How did you pinch a nerve in your leg.........?

Here we go everybody! A chance for a shoe comment! :smart:

Last edited: