Hurt on job - Future not too bright (Non-Support Discussion)

Johney

As sad as it sounds all these threads regarding people getting killed or seriously hurt at work should just be posted without replies being allowed. They ALL seem to head down the same road. Prayers,etc. Then they all seem to go downhill.....whose fault is it, why didn't he do this,whose gonna pay for that.

Future

Victory Ride
As sad as it sounds all these threads regarding people getting killed or seriously hurt at work should just be posted without replies being allowed. They ALL seem to head down the same road. Prayers,etc. Then they all seem to go downhill.....whose fault is it, why didn't he do this,whose gonna pay for that.
My whole point!

Johney

If that p/o'd anybody I'm sorry but lock it now let a Mod post updates on conditions,donations,etc. We all know where this is headed.

retired2000

My prayers are with him and his family. Bet if he had a safety flag hanging on his back brace this would not of happen. I think those flags are dumb

Tiny Panda

Good Lord! I hope he survives and hopefully walks again.

That was always one of my worst fears on busy streets.

And it's a reason i will never cross the street behind the package car regardless of what S&V tells you, at least if you have to cross the street if you do it at the front of the car you have the car between you and vehicles in your lane

Driver hurt on job on Staten Island

http://nypost.com/2015/04/06/ups-workers-legs-crushed-after-hes-pinned-against-delivery-truck/

A UPS spokesperson said: “As of right now, Tom is going to make it, he’s going to live, but that’s all I know at this point.”

Sattar said Ryan, who’s in early 40s, is a married father of two kids, ages 8 and 9, and regularly made deliveries to the tire store.

The driver of the Toyota, which has North Carolina license plates, remained at the crash scene and told cops he was trying to avoid a pedestrian when he swerved and hit the UPS driver, law-enforcement sources said.
Just one of the very many dangers we face everyday doing this job. I will keep this man and his family in my prayers.

dezguy

Horrible. Fact of the matter is, this could have been anyone in the industry and it is a risk we all have to face every day we come into work. Not sure I buy the Camry drivers excuse that he swerved to avoid a pedestrian.

Swerve to avoid but end up rear ending a step van? Possible? Yes but I'd like to know how fast he was going in order to lose control of his vehicle like that. In the end it doesn't really matter because a father has now probably lost both his legs and his livelihood. Very sad.

Prayers and sympathy go out to him and his family/friends.

moldsporh

And it's a reason i will never cross the street behind the package car regardless of what S&V tells you, at least if you have to cross the street if you do it at the front of the car you have the car between you and vehicles in your lane

Yup. I walk past the nose of the truck about 10' then cross over, plenty of room to see and I have a somewhat immovable object to protect me a little.

ManInBrown

Horrible. I'm always slightly nervous standing at the back of the Car unloading. I make sure to turn around once every few seconds to make sure no cars are barreling towards me. Prayers to the driver.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had a sup lose a leg inside the building back in the 80's .
And a nearby building's driver had a runaway which he ran to catch the PC , jumping into the driver's side & his leg got smashed by a telephone pole .