Help! I need sound advice! Got hurt today by an employee of high rise where I'd been working!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well, I was TOLD I could not, and HAD to call my driver then and tell what happened. I did NOT want to do that. I NEED my job! I was out of work for months, hence the reason I'd do this work!

I have no savings and I have no insurance. I truly needed this job.
Oh, but, they were saying they needed someone for a UPS location in customer service. No worries, though. I have other talents to draw upon, should that be the case.
you claim you've been unemployed for months, no insurance, no money and no savings. How are those "other talents" working out for ya? 8-)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nope. But I know I feel sorry for mean-spirited folks, like you, and will be deleting my account.
I only found this forum because I needed to learn the old DIAD from pre-Katrina days.
I wanted to be prepared for my first day using it. Couldn't find it here, though.
I have a real life- not just virtual one, but a rewarding one. No time to "talk" with mean-spirited folks. I stay away from them. They are likened to a poison. YUCK!!!!
Those who aren't, I sincerely thank you for your input. Bless you and yours, this holiday season
I wish you all His peace, and hope, as I bid adieu~
Don't mind them they treat everybody like that

Now about those pictures

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, I am not a drama queen. I am sorry you would say such a harsh thing, but you don't know me, or my character. Perhaps you are jaded by other females who are drama queens. I loathe that, in many women, and in the few males I have known, who behave as such. I am also not into what I call "un-necessary drama" by people who love it. I am not one who does, nor surround myself by them.
I work with integrity, and with a 100% given to any work related assignment; whether for UPS, my hairdressing clientele, or my motivational speaking, and writing.

You, my dear, are a text book drama queen.

P

pickup

Never mind,. I'm not sure and I shouldn't out someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Why do we hire all the crazies for peak? Is it like posted as a job requirement to be as bat:censored2: crazy as you can be?

Damn turkeys!!!! All you damn turkeys!!!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450495018.564142.jpg

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Help! I don't know what to do! I got hurt today by an employee who works for the high rise I've been delivering to.
Now y'all know, we hurt every day, and get hurt, with bruises, strains, etc. I soak in Epsom Salts daily, and eat Tylenol. But, it is what it is.
But, this had nothing to do with our job.
I was in the freight elevator with a big load on a dolly that was actually offered to me by the construction guys working on the building. I did ask the driver I'm assigned to for the holiday season if it's ok. (who is a great guy). He said it's ok.
Since a supervisor had commented that I needed to get more done and quicker, instead of using my regular UPS hand dolly, this one offered to me would keep me from having to carry the massive amount of weight is been juggling, carry even MORE, and make my deliveries faster.
I strive for excellence in all I do and hoped to be asked to stay on with UPS after the holidays, and had been giving 100%. Truly! HR loves me, btw.
This large dolly seemed like a godsend.
On my first run up to the top floors, I had backed into the freight elevator, and when the doors were about to close, a cleaning woman that works for the high rise wanted to get in.
Being someone who helps others, I tried to give her as much room as I could so she could go about her busy day, too.
The cleaning people don't speak much English- just Spanish, primarily.
So, I tried to make room for her, as the only other freight elevator isn't working, and my butt was pressed into the back of the elevator, and the handle of the dolly was pressed against the very top of my legs/ lower pelvis, already, trying to make a little bit more room for her.
She kept trying to push her mop/bucket thing in, which is large, and finally got it in, before turning towards the doors.
She's not a small lady, unlike myself.
I'm SQUISHED IN ALREADY WHEN SHE basically BODY SLAMS BACK into my dolly and load and me, so she could fit in!
I already had the back elevator hand rail pressed deep into my butt, and the handle of the dolly, when she did this.
And when she threw her weight like a wrestler in a match into my load and the dolly, I was crushed between it all, and started SCREAMING "STOP!!! STOP!!!! STOP!!!!" The doors closed of the elevator and I was pinned in the back.
She never even turned around!!
Meanwhile I felt like I was being compressed in a car crusher!!!!!!
I was screaming stop at her and asking her why she did that?!?! I screamed the entire time!!!!
She never replied but got off many floors later and I thought, "Well, that'll leave a huge bruise on my pelvis and butt!!!"
I wish that was all, though.
I got off the elevator, and was hurting, but you know... we ignore the pain. That is, until a few minutes later when it felt like someone was screwing into my upper spine, and my left knee hurt, and my left hand was "zinging!"
I NEED THIS JOB and have BUSTED MY BUTT to do it well!!!
After I finished that load, as I was walking back to the dock, now limping a bit, and my right arm now tingling, like its asleep, I just wanted security to talk to the cleaning people and tell them to NEVER DO THAT!!!
They asked if I had gotten hurt and I said yes, but I'm not here because of that, but wanted them to do as I asked.
I was then informed they MUST write a report about the incident. I said I wasn't going to tell UPS because if I get hurt, since I'm a holiday worker, I'd lose my job!
They demanded that they had to do this!
I told them they can watch the security cameras and see it, and told them everything. I was basically forced to.
I went to load up again, now in a heck of a lot of pain and my Rt arm really numb, and limping and my left hand getting very sharp pains in it, but only had maybe an hour and a half work left to do. I'm strong willed and determined to finish what I start. I figured I'd go home and rest and get on the heating pad. We were light today.
I was not telling anyone from UPS about it as I know if I'm hurt I'd get replaced.
So, as I'm loaded up again and walking by security they stop me and tell me "You can't work in the building now since you were hurt."
"What?!?" I said. I said "I need to finish this and I'm not telling UPS about it."
Well, I was TOLD I could not, and HAD to call my driver then and tell what happened. I did NOT want to do that. I NEED my job! I was out of work for months, hence the reason I'd do this work!
He called his supervisor, and then the Sup called me back.
He asked if I was hurt, but I stated that while I was hurt, I NEEDED my job and could have finished today then gone home and rested. That I knew the Sup knew how we get hurt, and hurt on a daily basis. It's part of the job.
He was cool (and this is the one who said I needed to be faster) but said he'd get another to finish my deliveries.
He asked "if I could still work!" and I told him "that while I can't be jumping out of a truck fast, or "running' the deliveries, I need my job and want to still work.
He said he'd put me in a new high rise tomorrow. I appreciated his help.
My problem is that while I'm doing a little better than earlier I'm not ok.
What can I do? What should I do? I have no savings and I have no insurance. I truly needed this job.
I know the high rise would be liable but I'm not wanting to sue! I wanna WORK for what I get!!!
Please... Someone, give me your thoughts.
Thank you so much.
First of all I would only let someone on an elevator with me if it is safe to do so no matter what. It's possible that this hispanic cleaning lady was from Mexico. Not everybody down there likes Americans. I've had a few of them try to get me fired just because I was American at a few companies. Not only did they not succeed, they came to regret trying. I set up some nasty things in motion against them. If they were in a position to harm me in some way, I'm sure they would have tried it. As for the Tylenol, that stuff will kill your liver if you use it too much. NSAIDS will give you an ulcer. so be careful with the pain killers.