husband terminated...advice please.

If he does actually go to panel, they may "ice" him by continually postponing his case until the last minute. This is designed to torment him. I've seen it.

They may, after "icing" him for three days, settle it in the hallway so it doesn't appear on the record.

Take the offer of reinstatement with no back pay.

This event will forever mold your and his thoughts and opinions of the company.

From this point forward DO NOT do the company any favors and cover your A##.
No!!!!
Never!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sorry...I'm not sure of the exact lingo. He had the meeting with a ups rep and a union rep at the center he works. The ups rep said that he didn't have authority to flat make this go away because it has been a big problem in this area, but he was going to recommend to his superior to make it go away. That didn't happen, so now he has a hearing in San Antonio in two weeks. He is in the southern region.

I certainly don't know the whole story, and I don't want to cast aspersions on your husband, but there really has to be more to this.

Even if in his area it is a big problem, he should have at worse gotten a warning letter, if indeed it was his first offense. You may want to ask some more questions of your husband and your father.

jes13r

If he does actually go to panel, they may "ice" him by continually postponing his case until the last minute. This is designed to torment him. I've seen it.

They may, after "icing" him for three days, settle it in the hallway so it doesn't appear on the record.

Take the offer of reinstatement with no back pay.

This event will forever mold your and his thoughts and opinions of the company.

From this point forward DO NOT do the company any favors and cover your A##.
Another driver of several years was made to go to a panel for something (not sure of the circumstances, but same center) and after not driving for two months he drove 15 hours to the hearing and the same guy that was in the little local hearing at the center was standing outside of the door and offered him his job back without back pay....seems kind of cruel.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I would normally agree...but my dad is kind of an :censored2: and wouldn't lie...I don't *think* anyway. He was the first to call him a maroon who endangered his family's well being.

Who really knows what goes on behind those doors though.

I do believe he will get his job back. Hewill be the management hitch for a month or so. It's a learning experience. Give ups nothing but, honest effort. Do it the best you feel you can. With out killing yourself.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I certainly don't know the whole story, and I don't want to cast aspersions on your husband, but there really has to be more to this.

Even if in his area it is a big problem, he should have at worse gotten a warning letter, if indeed it was his first offense. You may want to ask some more questions of your husband and your father.

@jes13r, is your father active with the union....or does he fly under the radar?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Another driver of several years was made to go to a panel for something (not sure of the circumstances, but same center) and after not driving for two months he drove 15 hours to the hearing and the same guy that was in the little local hearing at the center was standing outside of the door and offered him his job back without back pay....seems kind of cruel.
It happens all of the time.
It's the final pound of flesh.

3 done 3 to go

Look at it their way. They saved the center money for the month. It's about how they can save money. They get bonuses for money saved and terminated. Give them nothing

3 done 3 to go

Active...but he's kind of a golden child worker. I don't think he's ever even had a documented talk in his entire employment.

Is your father in the same building?? He is a model worker who is unwilling to help his son in law? I don't think you get along with your dad well.

jes13r

He needs your support and you need the truth
I tried that, too. "This doesn't make sense...someone still works out there who was drunk and had a wreck (had to go to panel and rehab, but got their job back)...someone who got pulled over by a cop with a suspended license is still working preload while his driver panel is coming....". Nothing came of it though.

I'm just hoping for the best for the family's sake.

I tried that, too. "This doesn't make sense...someone still works out there who was drunk and had a wreck (had to go to panel and rehab, but got their job back)...someone who got pulled over by a cop with a suspended license is still working preload while his driver panel is coming....". Nothing came of it though.

I'm just hoping for the best for the family's sake.
Good luck to you and those babies.

jes13r

Is your father in the same building?? He is a model worker who is unwilling to help his son in law? I don't think you get along with your dad well.
Yes same building, and I think just about every driver has called on my husband's behalf...just nothing seems to be happening.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Active...but he's kind of a golden child worker. I don't think he's ever even had a documented talk in his entire employment.
Yea, but I'm afraid management sees this as an opportunity to get "twice" the bang for their efforts, if you know what I mean??

Don't be too hard on him, as I know he feels terrible.

When he rises above this and I think he will; he should know to walk behind, instead of running in front of, the machine that is UPS.

In a 30 year career, no matter how fast you run, the "Machine" will catch you.