hypothetical question

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If you started ups when you were 18 worked your 35 years and can get max rate on your pension when you retire. Which puts you into the 50-55 range. Would anyone consider going into supervision to finish out their career?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you started ups when you were 18 worked your 35 years and can get max rate on your pension when you retire. Which puts you into the 50-55 range. Would anyone consider going into supervision to finish out their career?
If you make it 35 years as a driver, you're career should be finished. Why someone would willingly stay here after that is beyond me, never mind change positions.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Unless there's a 30 and out clause, I don't think you can collect your pension until 57.
There are plenty of easy union jobs to bid that are less stressful than driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ours too, but I don't know why they don't gradually extend that with the under-funding situation we are in?

I would exchange a longer work period for a larger pension payout.

Our pension payment is unrealistic and will need to be addressed within the next 5-10 years or the plan itself may fail.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I know there is a guy who taught a driver school class that did this. He was sore after so many years, but he still wanted to work. Asked about opportunities in the company that wouldn't be so physical. They told him he could go management and be a class instructor. Guy ended up doing it, been teaching the class for about 5 years now. From what I hear he does one hell of a job.