I dont wannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

UPSGUY72

yessir.

Well, company choose to utilize helpers and union drivers are bickering about filing grievance, how they don't like that helpers getting used before higher cost drivers are given more work. It doesn't take much thought to put two together that dollar-for-dollar, off the street helpers add more production than using union inflated rate employees.

If it didn't make financial sense to do so, corporate would put a halt on this itself, but the fact costlier employees are throwing a hissy fit through the union personnel over helpers shows helpers add enough value to operations to permit reducing the use of high rate employee.

What I had no idea until now is how much of the restrictions against helpers are caused by road blocks made by the union.

That's the impression I got.

Which means even off peak, around-the-year helper would permit some routes to be consolidated and cram more stops on the truck while still being able to meet same production quota while reducing the number of trucks on the road and saving cost and fuel.

If they utilized a $8.50/hr for 6 hours and can shave just 2 hrs, it would've still resulted in positive outcome.

Just reading the posts about seniority, union and grievance, it's clear that union is a huge obstacle in business operations and staying competitive.

We are competitive ? The union is why we still have a job, get paid what we do, get the benefits that we do, have a pension, etc.

TROLL

I hear Walmart is hiring.

AKX

Started at 830. Ran 70 stops. 220 Miles. Had 3 Dropboxes and a UPS Store to pick up after 6. Clocked out at 715. Actual, no lunch. Im beat!

HomeDelivery

830 to 1503

20 stops; 1/2 rural residentials, 1/4 to closed businesses and the remainding 1/4 to various gated communities...

no double time or even time & a half for this hourly TEMP driver:sick:

(did I see $60.oo per hour for a UPSer? WTF???)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
830 to 1503

20 stops; 1/2 rural residentials, 1/4 to closed businesses and the remainding 1/4 to various gated communities...

no double time or even time & a half for this hourly TEMP driver:sick:

(did I see $60.oo per hour for a UPSer? WTF???)
Ya! or more. Let's see................ today is a holiday, so that's holiday pay. Then there is time and a half for working the holiday. Maybe more than 60. :wink2:

washington57

yessir.

Well, company choose to utilize helpers and union drivers are bickering about filing grievance, how they don't like that helpers getting used before higher cost drivers are given more work. It doesn't take much thought to put two together that dollar-for-dollar, off the street helpers add more production than using union inflated rate employees.

If it didn't make financial sense to do so, corporate would put a halt on this itself, but the fact costlier employees are throwing a hissy fit through the union personnel over helpers shows helpers add enough value to operations to permit reducing the use of high rate employee.

What I had no idea until now is how much of the restrictions against helpers are caused by road blocks made by the union.

That's the impression I got.

Which means even off peak, around-the-year helper would permit some routes to be consolidated and cram more stops on the truck while still being able to meet same production quota while reducing the number of trucks on the road and saving cost and fuel.

If they utilized a $8.50/hr for 6 hours and can shave just 2 hrs, it would've still resulted in positive outcome.

Just reading the posts about seniority, union and grievance, it's clear that union is a huge obstacle in business operations and staying competitive.

You are just naive. I recommend turning off the fox-news and keeping your mouth shut. You are a seasonal employee and do not understand this company or the union. Keep busting your ass and maybe you will get hired on for a job in the hub. After you get a few years and are able to get a driver job maybe you will have an inkling of why grievances are filed. Then after a few more years of physical labor and your body starts to wear down you will understand why the contract has it's protections that right now you see as getting in the way of profits.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

UPS is the largest delivery company in the world, we have been around for almost 100 years, and we have continued to be profitable even with the economy in the toilet....despite having what you call the "obstacle" of a union workforce.

You sound like a smart guy. Probably too darn smart to ever be a union delivery driver. You have brains, you have business savvy, and you have over two whole weeks of experience as a peak season helper under your belt. With an impressive resume like that, you should either (a) go into UPS management or (b) become a FedEx Ground subcontractor who owns his own route and gets to be his own boss. You have all the answers already, so what are you waiting for? Go show the rest of us how it ought to be done!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
UPS is the largest delivery company in the world, we have been around for almost 100 years, and we have continued to be profitable even with the economy in the toilet....despite having what you call the "obstacle" of a union workforce.

You sound like a smart guy. Probably too darn smart to ever be a union delivery driver. You have brains, you have business savvy, and you have over two whole weeks of experience as a peak season helper under your belt. With an impressive resume like that, you should either (a) go into UPS management or (b) become a FedEx Ground subcontractor who owns his own route and gets to be his own boss. You have all the answers already, so what are you waiting for? Go show the rest of us how it ought to be done!
PBF167-Punch_Bout.gif