I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

LOL:
Democracy At Work‏ @democracyatwrk 18h18 hours ago

WTF are you talking about @BV Karl Marx had great answers. Namely: exploitation.

DQZ2keYUQAA7DfJ.jpg

rickyb

i work with a UPS driver and i still dont understand why UPS drivers work so hard aside from the fact that they probably have to or lose their job.

we dont have this at my unionized job. all of the positions are way easier than ups and some of them pay the same.

i work with a UPS driver and i still dont understand why UPS drivers work so hard aside from the fact that they probably have to or lose their job.

we dont have this at my unionized job. all of the positions are way easier than ups and some of them pay the same.
Why don't you ask that driver? I'm glad you found your lazy 100k a year job.

rickyb

Why don't you ask that driver? I'm glad you found your lazy 100k a year job.
he just said something like no one will help you. it sounds like you have to work hard, which alot of jobs impose on their workers.

yea i make $5 less an hour than a UPS driver and theres no heavy lifting and quite often no work frankly.

rickyb

true. "donating" money is a loaded word for the rich. dangerous to let one person have sole decision in what they donate that kind of money to.

Peter Joseph‏ @ZeitgeistFilm
6h6 hours ago

Peter Joseph Retweeted TED Talks

Starting a private foundation isn't "giving" anything away. Philanthropy is little more than an act of vanity by these kinds of people... like a fancy car or designer handbag. Makes them "look good". Private foundations are the enemy of democracy.

TED TalksVerified account @TEDTalks
Why Bill Gates gives away 95% of his wealth: Why giving away our wealth has been the most satisfying thing we've done

BrownArmy

Seriously?

he just said something like no one will help you. it sounds like you have to work hard, which alot of jobs impose on their workers.

yea i make $5 less an hour than a UPS driver and theres no heavy lifting and quite often no work frankly.
I help drivers all the time. The ones that work harder and not smarter. You make $40.20 to do next to nothing? Some have higher goals/standards than you do.

rickyb

I help drivers all the time. The ones that work harder and not smarter. You make $40.20 to do next to nothing? Some have higher goals/standards than you do.
so quite often at my job theres no work during an 8 hour shift. the UPS driver here makes 31/hr.

so quite often at my job theres no work during an 8 hour shift. the UPS driver here makes 31/hr.
I thought you compared everything to the US? Only when its convenient? You are making roughly 55% of what drivers make in the states. Or 1998 wages.

rickyb

I thought you compared everything to the US? Only when its convenient? You are making roughly 55% of what drivers make in the states. Or 1998 wages.
you guys make alot more than $31/hr???

in this case i am comparing canadian wages with canadian wages.

rickyb

home page story on amazon drivers is comical.

george lucas:

And it's not something you start doing when you've made it; it's when you're at the very lowest level and you're struggling. When we were in film school, we were all very, very poor. We all needed jobs desperately. And if one of us couldn't get a particular job, we'd send another friend in on the interview, because we were hoping that one of us would get it. So you do it right from the very beginning. You can start every single day with helping your brother or sister, or helping your peers at school, or helping in the community. But it's not just a kind of public service thing. It's a way of life.
Then you realize how great it is, and that, by helping others, you'll achieve more. It's much more logical and intelligent to help others get to the level where everyone else is, rather than criticizing, or making fun, so that everybody can move on. And if you do that all the time, it helps you personally. But it's a good business decision -- let's put it that way. The ultimate thing is that you feel better about yourself, and you're a happier person.

If America is the pursuit of happiness, the best way to pursue happiness is to help other people. Because there's nothing else that will make you happier.
You can be as rich, and famous, and powerful as you want to be, and it will not bring you happiness.
It's such a cliché that it hardly needs to be said, but people don't understand that it's actually true. You can find people who are rich, powerful and famous, and they aren't happy. And you can find people who have discovered the fact that it's really helping people, it's really being compassionate toward other human beings that makes you happy, that gives you a spiritual fulfillment -- a kind of fulfillment that goes way beyond anything you can buy. This is a 5,000 year old idea, and every prophet, every intelligent, rational, successful person has said it. It's a very simple idea, and the most important part of it is -- it's true.

rickyb

UPS named one of americas most "JUST" companies is comical. they should ask the workers LOL.

i think i remember walmart winning some award here in canada...what a joke.

the story on (UK?) amazon contractors working 70 hours a week and pissing in jugs is what capitalism is all about.

ive said this before and ill say it again: if americans are so good with economics and understanding capitalism, why is the union rate so low?

moreluck

golden ticket member
UPS named one of americas most "JUST" companies is comical. they should ask the workers LOL.

i think i remember walmart winning some award here in canada...what a joke.

the story on (UK?) amazon contractors working 70 hours a week and pissing in jugs is what capitalism is all about.

ive said this before and ill say it again: if americans are so good with economics and understanding capitalism, why is the union rate so low?

rickyb

america's most famous marxist. his anti capitalist, pro worker coop radio show is on 97 stations now, and he has a tv show with a reach of 43 million.

he mentions that airstream campers are sold out and they cant make enough. the 2nd biggest group of purchasers is in the 25 -34 year old range which he guesses is because they cant afford a condo in this brave new economy.

he also talks about the republican tax plan which will increase the deficit this year, and they will use it as an excuse to cut social programs next year. he calls it a transfer of wealth from poor and middle class to the very richest.

he also mentioned maternity leave and which countries have hte most and which ones have the least. i think he said america is the only developed country where there is no guaranteed leave. the countries with the most are formerly communist countries with almost 2 years guaranteed leave.