I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

some populations live under dictatorships and may even like their dictators.

this may offer an explanation for workers under capitalism and other :censored2:ty economic systems.

it is like an abusive relationship

rickyb

ian bremmer‏Verified account @ianbremmer

Things not looking so good for millennials.. via @axios

DiyzQSrUEAAfSF1.jpg

rickyb

couple things:

i was guessing my german made dog leash and headphones arent more expensive than the stuff made in china.

also met old neighbours at the ;park today. all of their adult kids havent moved out bc of rents / housing. were increasingly becoming an economy that rewards ppl for what they inherit, not what job they do.

in big short the guy quits being a doctor to b a speculator which isnt productive. although props to him for winning bets against the rotten banks

rickyb

in star wars episode 2 they are looking for a missing planet which has been erased from the data base. they reach this conclusion by looking where the evidence points to.

this navy vet wanted to commit suicide at amazon because of authoritarian anti democratic capitalist work conditions. he says its a revolving door of bodies, which ironically is like the war machine.

vets "spread democracy" abroad and come home to corporate tyranny

the 10 minutes it takes to walk off the floor to break room is docked from 15 min breaks. the managers harass him if he doesnt go on break to use the bathroom. he is under constant surveillance.

doesnt sound like freedom to me.

the videos criticism is actually pretty superficial.

Last edited:

vantexan

Peter Joseph‏ @ZeitgeistFilm 13h13 hours ago

Isn't it interesting that with 2k billionaires in the world, worth over $9 trillion, not ONE has done anything directly to help the most core social issues in the world. Not even a gesture, aside from Gates-style tax haven charity BS. J. Bezos alone could end US homelessness.
Warren Buffett is leaving most of his money to various causes and charities. His kids are getting relatively little. And Bill Gates and his wife have spent a lot of money on numerous causes. Really into education. You assume too much and as usual you're wrong. Hatred of the rich. Can Gates or Zuckerberg or others help it if they came up with a better way to do things and were rewarded so well for it?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Isn't it interesting that with 2k billionaires in the world, worth over $9 trillion, not ONE has done anything directly to help the most core social issues in the world. Not even a gesture, aside from Gates-style tax haven charity BS. J. Bezos alone could end US homelessness.
The billionaire ‘Giving Pledge’ signed by Bill Gates and Elon Musk could soon be worth up to $600 billion

More than 150 billionaires and billionaire couples have signed the Giving Pledge to donate a majority of their fortunes to charity, and a new report from financial research company Wealth-X predicts the pledge may be worth as much as $600 billion by 2022.

The pledge included the signatures of 40 people from the United States when Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett launched it in 2010. As of April 2018, 175 individuals from 22 different countries have signed the pledge, including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

rickyb

Warren Buffett is leaving most of his money to various causes and charities. His kids are getting relatively little. And Bill Gates and his wife have spent a lot of money on numerous causes. Really into education. You assume too much and as usual you're wrong. Hatred of the rich. Can Gates or Zuckerberg or others help it if they came up with a better way to do things and were rewarded so well for it?
zuckerberg figured out how to gobble up all your online data without u complaining about it.

ill post more stuff on these "donations" when i see them. they shoulda never had that kind of wealth to begin with

rickyb

people always choosing the wrong economic system (capitalism) is like people always voting corrupt politicians. i blame it on the media and government.