I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

people finally waking up:
1592513294642.png

rickyb

feels like we are in extra ordinary times. either we bring down capitalism and build something new that works, or capitalism is going to bring us all down with it:

1592713633743.png

rickyb

i just dealt with laser printer capitalism, the machine gives you a warning when toner is low and wont print unless you replace it, so i looked up youtube videos on how to override it to get another i dunno 200 to 1000 pages :S

rickyb

40 hours a week is way too much. you can hire more people if you cut all hours to 30. the next problem will be inflated cost of living like housing, tuition, healthcare etc, and inequality because some people have way too much money and power, and most people dont have enough of either.

1594059757950.png

Not Rushin’

so why did the employer hire me in the first place if i am only producing $10/hr of value, and am only being paid $10/hr? are you saying employers dont profit off of their employees?
Capitalism is an exchange of labor for pay and benefits that is driven by supply and demand. If lots of people are willing to do the job for $10 per hour the wages will stagnate. If the job has unappealing conditions or higher expectations the wages will increase

rickyb

Capitalism is an exchange of labor for pay and benefits that is driven by supply and demand. If lots of people are willing to do the job for $10 per hour the wages will stagnate. If the job has unappealing conditions or higher expectations the wages will increase
youre right a big part of capitalism is "expectation management" propaganda from the media and hte govt. if you cant get people to shut up and submit, then you can get away with more. and they do get away. americans have some of hte lowest expectations in the west id say.

rickyb

chomsky says in the constitutional conventions james madison explictly set up america to be anti democratic so the poor couldnt get the rich to eliminate poverty.