I got timestudied today....

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
ah the good old times study.....doesnt mean D!@k! they make the numbers up anyway they want.

I agree, but when that have that in hand and require you to work up to that standard, it makes life miserable, I've been harassed for the last month, and I'm about the end of my rope, my center manager says I have a negative attitude, well duh!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Hey sober, did you know that you get 15mins time allowance per connect/disconnect? That's according to my center manager.

He is incorrect, the allowance used to be about 8 minutes but when the rear view cameras got installed they cut that down to about 3. The old "method" for hooking up involved pacing off the distance and getting in and out of the truck about 4 times to get everything lined up. With the rear view monitor you just back right under the hitch and go.

Where I used to rake in the bonus was at a pickup account that I would leave the trailer at all day. They used to load over 200 pieces a day into the trailer, stick the end-of-day report inside, shut the door and go home. I was getting credit for all those pieces. Of course, once I.E. got wind of this little arrangement, they "adjusted" the allowance accordingly.

One of the routes I cover on pulls a trailer to a sat center for two drivers and then onto another town to leave the T60 at a pickup with around 100-120 pieces per day, in their busy season. IE also cut out the "time allowance" for those PU pieces. The kicker is that when in their peek shipping season they ship out 200-250 pieces, 120 in trailer and the remainder hand loaded in the package car. You guessed it, no "allowances" for those either, or for the ones hand loaded in the PC in the off season. Just one more reason not to recognize the company's unfair and arbitrary "time studies".
The company is quick to slash your allotted time when something saves you a second of time, but when something else costs you minutes...."It's built in" to the time study.....BS.

bl04a

you might gain time, it just might take a year to actually put the gain int effect. I got my time study done in may, I gained time aned here we are in october and the time study still hasn't taken effect yet. Peak is a few months away so I know it won't take effect until at least Jan.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
you might gain time, it just might take a year to actually put the gain int effect. I got my time study done in may, I gained time aned here we are in october and the time study still hasn't taken effect yet. Peak is a few months away so I know it won't take effect until at least Jan.

If you would have lost time the new standards would have went into effect the next day.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Funny how UPS will not move or add a better handrail, can’t “Alter the vehicle”.

Trailer hitch to pull several hundred pounds? No problem!!

dude, i thought the same thing. btw, its several thousand pounds, and that is if the tp60 is empty. and when the things break, hell, just put it on another way, no problem.

but heaven forbid we lower the hand rail to where normal humans can use it, or install a 3 point restraint system to keep the drivers upper body from additional trauma.

what a company!

d