I gotta pay a bet.....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So I made a little proposition bet with one of my AA buddies on the Rose Bowl...and since my Oregon Ducks lost the game, I have to pay up.

I am going to have to attend tonights AA meeting....wearing an Ohio State T-shirt and hat, and have a sign taped to my back saying that "Ohio State rules" and "the Ducks suck" :sick:

Revenge will be mine, however...Im gonna tuck that Ohio State jersey as far down the back of my pants as I can and leave a nice "skid mark" on it for him.:devil3:

Did anyone else lose any "wagers" over the holiday bowl games?

ol'browneye

No bets on this one but another driver and I saw the end of the Humanitarian Bowl while finishing our break Wed night at the local Burger King. Your neighboring state Idaho beat Bowling Green by going for 2 at the end of the game instead of kicking the extra point for the tie. Quite an exciting ending! Nothing quite like that Boise State blue turf in high def!

bbsam

Staff member
So I made a little proposition bet with one of my AA buddies on the Rose Bowl...and since my Oregon Ducks lost the game, I have to pay up.

I am going to have to attend tonights AA meeting....wearing an Ohio State T-shirt and hat, and have a sign taped to my back saying that "Ohio State rules" and "the Ducks suck" :sick:

Revenge will be mine, however...Im gonna tuck that Ohio State jersey as far down the back of my pants as I can and leave a nice "skid mark" on it for him.:devil3:

GA next?

UPS Lifer

I was rootin for our Pac 10 Champion.... but they let us down.
I have a theory about the Rose Bowl game....

One of the reasons that USC has been so successful in the Rose Bowl is because they live and play here all year long. They play at the beach and Disneyland and bask in the warm weather during the winter. They live and breath these distractions daily.

Every other school comes to Southern California and gets "sun stroke" in January. It would be like sending USC to Minnesota to play in the cold. Why do you think they stopped playing Notre Dame in November back in Indiana? They moved those games to October when USC got some bargaining power mid decade.

So The Ducks were on a level playing field with THE Ohio State University but Tressel has been here so many times he was able to keep his team focused this time!

There is nothing like the Rose Bowl anywhere in the country especially this time of year. As a kid, I would ride my bike from my home in Monterey Park up to the legendary stadium. The San Gabriel Mountains sit as an ominous back drop. Back then, you could walk right onto the field. Nobody would chase you off. It is amazing to stand there at mid field and turn 360 degrees.....and the place was MT!!!! I can't imagine what it would be like to hear the roar of the crowd from mid field.