Should I buy some routes?

Goldilocks

Yep. We pay work comp. Might be called "Work Accident" in in contractor states as opposed to ISP states that amount is deducted weekly from the settlement. It's fairly pricey.

BB, why are you negotiating when you should be moderating? Tell the guy real estate is much more lucrative.

bbsam

Staff member
BB, why are you negotiating when you should be moderating? Tell the guy real estate is much more lucrative.
Because the question was about contracting which I know alot about and you seem to know nothing about. On the flip side, I know nothing about real estate.

Furthermore, you seem to know nothing of moderating on BC even though it's been covered several times in the last couple months.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, like Obama is hardly pro-labor even though he insists otherwise. He lies a lot just like Smith.
I think he's more pro-labor than you think. If he ever said it though, business would really open up the big guns on what's left of organized labor.

STFXG

Yep. We pay work comp. Might be called "Work Accident" in in contractor states as opposed to ISP states that amount is deducted weekly from the settlement. It's fairly pricey.
FWIW work accident can only be paid for the business owner/executive. Workers compensation is for all other employees.

I have work accident on myself and the cost is about 1/4 of the price than the cost for workers compensation would be on myself.

bbsam

Staff member
FWIW work accident can only be paid for the business owner/executive. Workers compensation is for all other employees.

I have work accident on myself and the cost is about 1/4 of the price than the cost for workers compensation would be on myself.
I have seen/had employee claims paid on what was listed on the settlement as "work accident" but I don't doubt your assertion. Ground and Protective always did seem to have a somewhat incestuous business relationship.

STFXG

the work accident insurance went away a few years ago when they started forcing W2's. I believe that's when they only started to allow it for company officers. Could be wrong though. But I had to opt out of workers compensation for myself to get on the work accident.

bbsam

Staff member
the work accident insurance went away a few years ago when they started forcing W2's. I believe that's when they only started to allow it for company officers. Could be wrong though. But I had to opt out of workers compensation for myself to get on the work accident.
According to Protective, if you EVER deliver even a single stop per year, you must cover yourself through work comp.

UPSjedi41

He wants $650k
He owns 9 trucks worth about $220k
He has 4 routes and 2 supplementals
He has 6 drivers
Revenue is $650k
His expenses he says are $500k

He nets $150k

There is no way 6 routes, 2 of them supplemental are grossing 650,000. That would average out to be $108,000 per route and 2 of them are not even routes. If the routes did that much revenue his wages would be insane. I drove for a Ground contractor for 9 years who knew what he was doing. If he just bought all these they are not paid off and he still making payments on the trucks and the business he bought. He's looking for someone to buy his mistake.

Goldilocks

BB are you still salivating over this guy trying to buy routes? You have missed your calling in life, you should be in sales for express, then you can drive up in you BMW and hand us low life couriers a donut for a $5000 dollar sales lead....lol....

bbsam

Staff member
BB are you still salivating over this guy trying to buy routes? You have missed your calling in life, you should be in sales for express, then you can drive up in you BMW and hand us low life couriers a donut for a $5000 dollar sales lead....lol....
I'm actually surprised. I didn't think I made it sound all that attractive. Maybe I'm just a natural. Or maybe you're just wrong.;)